“Great accomodations!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Maryland
“Great accomodations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I chose this hotel after reading all the travel advisor comments & am so glad! After a long day in Berkeley Springs, we headed for our hotel around 8:30 p.m. Expecting it to be only about 17 miles away, it was a surprise how over the hills and through the woods the travel would be! We arrived weary and hoping our late check-in promise was a true one as we saw a guest ahead of us in line, who said he couldn't find another room in the area, turned away. Thankfully, our reservations were holding for us as promised. The hotel looks new and our rooms were clean and well-appointed with comfortable king beds, granite bathrooms & great shower. Though my room was next to the elevator & vending machines, it was quiet. We had breakfast in the restaurant which offered a $5 buffet to guests and it wasn't bad. All in all a great stay for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HI_Martinsburg25401, Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
@Whimsylou.... Thanks for the kind words and your business when traveling through our area. Our proximity to Berkeley Springs, Harpers Ferry, and even the Baltimore / Washington area makes our hotel great for guests looking for a place to sleep while on the road. We also are directly off of I-81 and a short drive to I-70 / I-68 which makes this area boom with corporate travel and industry. Thanks again for your stay and we look forward to serving you again at the Holiday Inn - Martinsburg.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rotterdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We arrived on 9/8/12 for 1 night while traveling. Easy access off route 81. The grounds and lobby appeared well kept. Checking in was pleasant and quick. We had a room on the forth floor that had a nice view of the city/town. We had a king bed in a room that came with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was good sized and had lots of little aminities The room was nice and smelled fresh. The hotel is about 1/4 mile distance from many resturants and the mall including Walmart. We would like to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My job requires me to travel back and forth to the Martinsburg area from time to time. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on two separate occasions. Each trip was about two months long. The first time I stayed there, in June 2011, it was a very pleasant experience. I had a room with a king-size bed. The beds are very comfortable and soft. I was very impressed with the housekeeping staff on my first trip. The room was always very tidy and smelled nice after a day of work. I'm military and one day after I left my uniform hanging on a chair, I actually have the housekeeper leave me a note thanking me for my service.
The second time I stayed here, in January 2012, the housekeeping was not as good. This time I had a double bed room. During my two month stay my linens were never changed. I could tell this because stains I accidentally put on the bed from eating and writing were there until the day I checked out. I'm not saying that they should change them every day, but when you know a guest will be staying for an extended period of time I would expect them to get changed every few weeks. There also seemed to be a lack of effort as far as cleaning goes. The room would appear clean most days but the bathroom would still be dirty. At one point the bathroom had a foul smell and the toilet didn't appear clean. I had to close the bathroom door just to escape it.

The hotel itself is pretty nice. It has a decent appearance in the lobbies and the rooms. When properly kept up it is easily a higher end three-star hotel. The beds are probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar. Due to the abundance of options, I didn't eat at the restaurant, but the bar was outstanding and reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is located at the end of a shopping mall that has several shopping centers and restaurants. Many fast food (Wendy's, McDonalds, Chic Fil A) are near by as well as many bar and grill type places (Buffalo Wild Wings, Outback, Applebee's) are within walking distance or a short drive away. Personally, I am a fitness guy and there are several basketball courts and a jogging/biking trail close by. This hotel is also close to the ANG base. About 17 miles down the road there is a town called Haggerstown, MD. This is a good spot for nightlife and shopping. I frequently visited the outlet mall in Haggerstown to buy clothes.

Overall, I enjoyed my stays at this hotel. I would stay there again if I was back in town. The location and the comfortable beds more than made up for the lack of housekeeping on my 2nd stay.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room in the middle of the front side of the hotel. There is a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear BFree211,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I'm so glad you liked the fantastic location of our hotel, as well as the facilities we have on-site. Your comments encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I would like to offer my sincerest apology for the issues you had with the housekeeping you received during your second stay with us and any inconvenience may have caused you. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Martinsburg, WV.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bedford, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. The staff was friendly and the building pretty nicely maintained. I found it a little off-putting that the non-slip matt in the tub was curling up at the edges, and that the drain plug was disconnected and resting in the soap dish... but, overall, we were both satisfied with the accommodations. Comfy bed...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Room was amazing big beds very friendly staff breakfast was amazing our server was amazing very friendly the pool was great all around great hotel a bit overpriced tho Great view the ac and heat worked great free wifi clean high end soaps and shampoo in the rooms. Very calm and quiet place to relax

• Stayed August 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was the best we had on our whole trip. It was clean and fresh. The breakfast staff in the restaurant was particularly good, especially to our granddaughter who was with us. She is three and loved going to breakfast every morning because the waitress gave her lots of attention. We stayed in another holiday inn in Pigeon Forge on our way home. It was not nearly as nice and certainly not as friendly, though it was clean. We came to Martinsburg for a family reunion and will stay at Holiday Inn again next year. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We had a suite and that was great for our granddaughter because it gave her plenty of room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HI_Martinsburg25401, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you SO much for sharing your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!!! We hope that you'll stay with us again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

It was an average hotel room. Pros: close to what I needed, dog friendly, good value, easy checkout, clean. Cons, by highway, ac wasn't strong, uncomfortable bed and pillows. The Holiday Inn fit what we needed with no major complaints. It didn't make me want to use that brand of hotels in the future though. I will probably try another hotel if I need to stay overnight in Martinsburg, WV again.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for sharing your review - we are pleased that you found our accommodations to fit your needs. We pride ourselves on being clean and friendly, and we are very glad we met those expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Been to Holiday Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!