“You can spend $109 a night for really nice or $29 with coupon for a place to rest your head.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn

Heritage Inn
and 1 more site!
You added Heritage Inn to your Saves list
Heritage Inn
1024 Winchester Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25401-1668   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

Parking lot is a bit dark. Indian run but what hotel isn't these days. Nice and friendly. Old but clean. We just needed some sleep so we could finish our trip up to Connecticut. Didn't want to drop $70-$109 on 6the hours of sleep.

• Stayed February 2012

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We checked in and within 5 minutes there shady guests going from room to room partying. There was also a very loud buzzer that sounded every time the office door opened. We didn't feel safe and asked for our money back. The manager said NO even though we had only been there for 5 minutes - we left anyway! Absolutely the worst motel experience in our 12 day Eastern US road trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Martinsburg hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011 via mobile

Good enough for the price. It's a cheap place to stay. Located near a mall and several restaurants. If your low on budget I recommend you stay here.

• Stayed December 2010
New England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I will have to recommend that you avoid this motel unless you need to save money or other places are full. It is very old and not well kept and arriving after dark will not inspire confidence. The Relax Inn next door looked even worse; its parking lot was full of contractor trucks and men drinking beer, which is why I paid more for the Heritage. Check in was smooth, but they do not accept credit cards for payments under $40, which is likely if you have a coupon. Also, this is the only motel I have stayed in that insisted on photocopying my driver’s license. The room was very small, but this is the type of place where you check in late and leave early. First, I saw no smoke detector in the room. Second, the door did not lock when I closed it. If you are inside, you can throw the deadbolt, but if you leave, you must slam it hard enough to shake the building. I did not know this and thus left the door unlocked while I shopped. Third, the last straw was that water pressure in the shower was so low that it came out as trickle. On the other hand, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the AC/heat had a very smooth sound. I was not bothered by noise during my mid-week, 12-hour stay. It was nice to save a few bucks, but I think most people would be uncomfortable staying here.

scopoper47’s top tip: On this stretch of I-81, there are a lot of motels. Those in northern VA and MD are cheaper than those in WV and southern PA with the same range of quality.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!