“Might be the Best Motel 6 in the U.S.” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Martinsburg
5595 Hammonds Mill Road, Martinsburg, WV 25401 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Centreville, Virginia
“Might be the Best Motel 6 in the U.S.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I generally don't stay at a Motel 6, but based on the reviews here in Tripadvisor I gave it a shot and I've got to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The room was clean with a large HDTV and plenty of space for luggage and clothes. The bathroom is small but was very clean with good water pressure. One note, the hotel only supplies bar soap so bring your own shampoo and lotion. A small price to pay for the small price you pay to stay here.

Although it sits very near I-81 I had no issues with road noise and it is conveniently located near a few restaurants at a nearby strip mall. I chose to drive to downtown Martinsburg which takes less than 10 minutes down the highway.

One other note. The hotel is beautifully landscaped which is a sign of an owner who cares.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words - we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us! We look forward to having you as our guests again soon! We pride ourselves on being clean and friendly, and we are very glad we met those expectations Thank you so much again for your kinds words.

MGMT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love the Patel family, that personally runs this Motel 6 (#4587). Mr. Patel kept my price guarantee, even though my wife, baby and dog unexpectedly came along. Mrs. Patel even did my laundry herself one day, when I was pressed for time. The price was great. Overall, I saved about $750 from the cost of the government rate, for my 11-day stay. The amenities were all new in my room - simple but that's what I wanted. The room service was good, the room was kept clean and everything worked fine. Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Patel! Cheers, Kevin

Room Tip: Ask Mr. Patel for his advice on room selection, given what you want/need.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
parishivam2000, Owner at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear mr kevin
It was our pleasure to serve you as our guest.we are strive to have a guest like your self.thanks for your compliments,i will share your positive experience while you stayed with us to our team.Once again thank you for being our valued guest.

Management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Extremely friendly staff. Had a great area for my dogs to run. Outdoor lighting was great for a night jog around the parking lot and was beautiful diplaying the flower gardens. Very close to restaurants, shopping and I81. The nicest motel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank- you for recently choosing Motel 6 Martinsburg, WV as your recent stay. We really appreciate you taking your time and writing this review. I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you join us again very soon. Thank you again for the choosing Motel 6 Martinsburg, WV.

Thank- You for your compliments,
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Traveling between my homes in NYC and NC, I have driven along I-81 many, many times and have stayed overnight in a lot of motels. And, despite reading reviews before booking, it is sometimes hit and miss. But my stay at this Motel 6 was beyond expectations! The room was spotlessly clean, with well maintained grounds and office. Some of the best features - no carpeting in the room (and, thus, smelled clean, too), updated, mod, minimalist decor, clean towels, flat screen TV with cable, USB and HDMI hook ups for gaming, or watching Netflix, etc from your computer, allows pets and is set way back from the road, so it was very quiet. The check-in, check-out staff were very friendly. As a frequent business traveler, I have stayed in many luxury, high priced hotels, and I can honestly say that the level of cleanliness and modern sensibility here at the Motel 6 exceeds many of those fancy places. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the generous compliments. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the staff. While we provided a satisfactory stay for you. We are glad that you found the hotel to be easily accessible from I-81 and that everything went well with your stay. We hope to see you with us again in the future. We also hope your next stay will be better than before.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great hotel. It was spotlessly clean and very quiet. The room was plenty big for a the family. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. For a roadside stop this couldn't have been better, even when arriving at 2am.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We Thank You Very Much for Your Compliments.Your feedback will be Shared with team to serve as recognition and encouragement :as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again to choosing motel 6 martinsburg.We hope your next visit will be even batter.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Probably one of the best experiences i have had, especially for the price. The staff was friendly, great location with stores nearby, room was clean with all the necessary amenities. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for your compliments.
Mgmt
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Just nice, nice and nice. Staff in the lobby, cleanliness in the room, nice landscape, nice atmosphere. Any where you look basically flawless. Very nice everything.

Try it, you will not regret it, guaranteed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Motel 6 - Martinsburg, WV #4587

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as a recognition and encouragement: as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you for sharing. We hope your next stay will be even better.

Pat Patel
Motel 6

Been to Motel 6 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!