“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Mississauga, ON
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to Myrtle Beach from Toronto, ON on May 17. We usually try and drive straight from Toronto to Myrtle beach, but this time we were beat and needed a room. We saw the Motel 6 sign and decided to stay. The rate was 45.99 single, and for double it was an additional $20. With taxes was like $75. The room was newly renovated and modern. It had an IKEA look to it, with wooden flooring, etc. The room was nice we thought and we needed the sleep. It was fine for us and we actually liked the new modern look.

Martinsburg WV, is about halfway in between the two cities so we decided that we would book a room for the way back and not try and drive any farther. Motel 6 Customer service rocks, they booked a room for us and gave us a similar rate. It was a bit more then before but because of Memorial Day weekend. Only a few dollers more, so no big deal. On the 2nd night stay on May 24 which was a Friday things were a bit different. The first room we got was really musty smelling. I complained and they were very apologetic and changed the room right away. New room was much better. Had a good shower, we ordered pizza, and had a good nights sleep. All good. The only down side was that there is not much around the hotel for restaurants. However, if you go south to the next exist, there is every restaurant and place under the sun including Olive Garden. Its only 10 mins away.

I filled out a Motel 6 Survey as well and sent it in. I gave them a glowing rating. The manager of the motel actually emailed me back and thanked me for the stay. That impressed me actually, as that has never happened before.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ashville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

While traveling from Pennsylvania to Alabama we stopped for the night in Martinsburg. This hotel is right off I-81 and displaying a big sign for $45.99. I checked in very tired and unwilling to negotiate a price, immediately the price changed to $67 per night. Suppossedly the $45 rate was a single bed for one person??? The rooms are cheap plank wood flooring and nasty, the beds are on plywood frames, and the bathroom is some new age retro I don't know el-cheapo throwback. There was hair in the tub, dirt on the floor, and half the lights and TV did not work; I was too tired to complain and left as soon as I could the next morning. I will never stay again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, even if it costs more money; don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

While waiting for our home to be ready for us to move in we booked at Motel 6 and were very pleased with the facilities. The room was ultra clean and completely remodeled. The walk-in shower was one of the nicest we have seen in the area. The staff is friendly and helpful. I appreciate the pet friendly accomodations that does NOTinclude a carpeted room so I know that floor is CLEAN! I have always had reservations about pet-friendly rooms with carpeting. Wifi is available. Owners are very gracious hosts.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had been staying at a Holiday Inn Express, but I decided to try out the Motel 6 brand for its economical pricing. What a surprise! The Motel 6 here in Martinsburg, WV is clean and comfortable. The owner/franchisee of the property was very gracious and accomodating, and the room was very nice.

I especially like the fact that the floor is laminate and not carpet: a real change from the the usual offputting carpet.

I highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped there on our trip south and were not impressed. The room rates are way too high for the room quality! We paid $60 for a basically empty room. (and that supposedly was a discounted rate). There was no carpeting in the room, no clock, and hardly any furniture....we felt like we were sleeping in a carboard box. The room was clean and thats the only good thing we could say about it. Its definately not worth what they charge you for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Sorry, this is our new Motel 6 protocol , we apologize for that. Please give us one more chance, and we will surely try to make your stay here as comfortable as possible.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

It's never fun having to use the truck choked Interstate 81, so it's nice to have a convenient stop when relief is needed. This Motel 6 is very close to the interstate, with a McDonalds, Walmart, and gas station next door. We had a clean, modern, warm room. Staff was eager to serve. Still, wifi was limited. The washroom was clean, but only one small bar of soap, no shampoo for a room with two beds.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel looks like it was redone not too long ago. The rooms have a modern feel to them, and everything seemed to be nice and clean. The rooms are very basic though - no shampoo, tissues, or even a clock (in my room, anyway). There is a microfridge and microwave in the room, which is nice. The bed was comfortable, and there is a flat screen TV. There are also a few places to get some food right near by, as well as super easy access to the highway.

Overall, a good place, and an absolute steal for the money, as long as your just looking for a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!