“Not Worth The Money” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not Worth The Money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped there on our trip south and were not impressed. The room rates are way too high for the room quality! We paid $60 for a basically empty room. (and that supposedly was a discounted rate). There was no carpeting in the room, no clock, and hardly any furniture....we felt like we were sleeping in a carboard box. The room was clean and thats the only good thing we could say about it. Its definately not worth what they charge you for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Sorry, this is our new Motel 6 protocol , we apologize for that. Please give us one more chance, and we will surely try to make your stay here as comfortable as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

It's never fun having to use the truck choked Interstate 81, so it's nice to have a convenient stop when relief is needed. This Motel 6 is very close to the interstate, with a McDonalds, Walmart, and gas station next door. We had a clean, modern, warm room. Staff was eager to serve. Still, wifi was limited. The washroom was clean, but only one small bar of soap, no shampoo for a room with two beds.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet the expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve in the near future.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hotel looks like it was redone not too long ago. The rooms have a modern feel to them, and everything seemed to be nice and clean. The rooms are very basic though - no shampoo, tissues, or even a clock (in my room, anyway). There is a microfridge and microwave in the room, which is nice. The bed was comfortable, and there is a flat screen TV. There are also a few places to get some food right near by, as well as super easy access to the highway.

Overall, a good place, and an absolute steal for the money, as long as your just looking for a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Motel 6 - Martinsburg, WV #4587

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as a recognition and encouragement: as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Triadelphia, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This motel's owners clearly take great pride in their establishment, and it shows. Pet friendly room with microwave and small refrigerator. Clean, comfortable beds. Room and property in general were clean. For one-third the cost of many other motels/hotels, we stayed for 3 nights in a safe, pleasant, comfortable room that actually had a few frills. I'll recommend this Motel 6 to my friends and beyond doubt will stay there again if in that area. I've stayed at a few other Motel 6s and been disappointed - but this one far, far exceeded my expectations. One other thing - Though it's right beside Interstate 81, it's quiet. Unless you think you have to have a more expensive place, save your $40-$100 and stay here.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms preferable for the obvious reason.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night while on the road. Never stayed at a Motel 6 before, but Trip Advisor ratings suggested it was a great stopover in Martinsburg.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the very unique interior of the room. I loved the wood floors without carpeting and beds that were elevated off the floor. The rooms were clean and the beds looked most inviting. New flat screen TV's mounted on the walls were a nice touch. A fridge and microwave was a nice amenity.
The owners are very friendly, even on the phone, when I called to reserve the room. They made me feel like I was most welcomed. It appears to be a family owned Motel and they seem to take a great deal of pride in the property. Even the landscaping and lighting were lovely.
My only complaints included (1) No alarm clock next to the beds and (2) A "musty" odor in the bathroom from the floor. I think the wood floors need to be replaced with tile. (3) The only thing available in the morning is coffee, but there is a McDonald's right accross the street.
Other than the above, it is a geat place to stop on I-81 for the night. The $49 rate was most reasonable, and I would definitely recommend this for a stop along the way.
I would definitely stop there again as I frequently travel this route.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Trois-Rivieres, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was on a trip on my bike from Quebec,Canada to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Left home at 6:30am. and stopped for gas near this motel at 7:30pm. I was just an hour away from the BRP and was undecided whether going back on the highway or stay there. Finally i decided to call it a day. I saw this motel and got a room for the night. Wow what a find! Cheap price, super clean, freshly renovated a few years ago, nice deco, flat screen cable tv, connection ports, like usb etc, to charge up your electronics. Friendly manager, give it a try. Forget the reviews about the roaches....probably just people staying on the ground floor and left their door open during the night and crickets got in attracted by some light. There is a difference between those two insects you know. It's true that this motel is "better than your usual motel 6". Will stop there again on my next trip to the BRP next year. Plus it is close to the highway and there is a Wal-Mart superstore across the boulevard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was returning from my recent trip from Salem, VA and it was late at night .........and the girlfriend wanted me to get a room and get off the road.................so we got off the exit in Martinsburg, WV.We went straight to Motel 6 and we checked in.We had our dog with us and it was good to know that the hotel is pet friendly.We paid like $63 with tax.Our room was on the ground floor and that was very good for us to walk the dog.The room had nice beds and a the room was very clean.I would stay here again.Keep up the good job.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear our valued guest
We very much appreciate your comment regarding your stay at motel 6 martinsburg,WV
I will share your compliment with our staff.I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our team members as we strive to continuously improve quality of our services.

Sincereley
Pat Patel

Been to Motel 6 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!