“GREAT bargain!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Triadelphia, West Virginia
“GREAT bargain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This motel's owners clearly take great pride in their establishment, and it shows. Pet friendly room with microwave and small refrigerator. Clean, comfortable beds. Room and property in general were clean. For one-third the cost of many other motels/hotels, we stayed for 3 nights in a safe, pleasant, comfortable room that actually had a few frills. I'll recommend this Motel 6 to my friends and beyond doubt will stay there again if in that area. I've stayed at a few other Motel 6s and been disappointed - but this one far, far exceeded my expectations. One other thing - Though it's right beside Interstate 81, it's quiet. Unless you think you have to have a more expensive place, save your $40-$100 and stay here.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms preferable for the obvious reason.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Motel 6 - Martinsburg, WV #4587

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as a recognition and encouragement: as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night while on the road. Never stayed at a Motel 6 before, but Trip Advisor ratings suggested it was a great stopover in Martinsburg.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the very unique interior of the room. I loved the wood floors without carpeting and beds that were elevated off the floor. The rooms were clean and the beds looked most inviting. New flat screen TV's mounted on the walls were a nice touch. A fridge and microwave was a nice amenity.
The owners are very friendly, even on the phone, when I called to reserve the room. They made me feel like I was most welcomed. It appears to be a family owned Motel and they seem to take a great deal of pride in the property. Even the landscaping and lighting were lovely.
My only complaints included (1) No alarm clock next to the beds and (2) A "musty" odor in the bathroom from the floor. I think the wood floors need to be replaced with tile. (3) The only thing available in the morning is coffee, but there is a McDonald's right accross the street.
Other than the above, it is a geat place to stop on I-81 for the night. The $49 rate was most reasonable, and I would definitely recommend this for a stop along the way.
I would definitely stop there again as I frequently travel this route.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Trois-Rivieres, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was on a trip on my bike from Quebec,Canada to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Left home at 6:30am. and stopped for gas near this motel at 7:30pm. I was just an hour away from the BRP and was undecided whether going back on the highway or stay there. Finally i decided to call it a day. I saw this motel and got a room for the night. Wow what a find! Cheap price, super clean, freshly renovated a few years ago, nice deco, flat screen cable tv, connection ports, like usb etc, to charge up your electronics. Friendly manager, give it a try. Forget the reviews about the roaches....probably just people staying on the ground floor and left their door open during the night and crickets got in attracted by some light. There is a difference between those two insects you know. It's true that this motel is "better than your usual motel 6". Will stop there again on my next trip to the BRP next year. Plus it is close to the highway and there is a Wal-Mart superstore across the boulevard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was returning from my recent trip from Salem, VA and it was late at night .........and the girlfriend wanted me to get a room and get off the road.................so we got off the exit in Martinsburg, WV.We went straight to Motel 6 and we checked in.We had our dog with us and it was good to know that the hotel is pet friendly.We paid like $63 with tax.Our room was on the ground floor and that was very good for us to walk the dog.The room had nice beds and a the room was very clean.I would stay here again.Keep up the good job.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear our valued guest
We very much appreciate your comment regarding your stay at motel 6 martinsburg,WV
I will share your compliment with our staff.I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our team members as we strive to continuously improve quality of our services.

Sincereley
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family stayed with this Motel 6 a few weeks ago. It was in a great location and the desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We were also very impressed with the cleanliness of my room, the linens smelled fresh and the beds were more comfortable than most. We happened to be passing through and probably won't return to the area that often, but when we do this is where we will stay. Very nice Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Okay, let's be honest. When you think Motel 6, you generally think the worst. At least I do. The chain is normally on my "last resort" list, and I will check all other places before I would ever choose to stay at one. I am a dog show judge, so often when I am hired to judge, the host will put me up at a hotel of their choice near the show site. Needless to say, I was not excited when the host of my last assignment booked me a room at this Motel. I was expecting the worst, but read some favorable reviews here and since I wasn't paying for the room anyway, I decided to keep an open mind. I figured if it was terrible I would just grit and bear it for one night and stay at an alternate location for the second night - even if I had to pay the difference. I am happy to report I was pleasantly surprised. Just like most recent reviews note, the place appeared to have been recently renovated. Rooms are large. Each comes with a refrigerator and microwave, and room was clean. The parking lot was well lit and location is just off the highway. There is a 24 hour Walmart across the street for convenience, as well as a McDonald's and other fast food places very close by. For a downside, the bed was really hard and uncomfortable and pillows tiny. I have arthritis and woke up very stiff. Definitely no memory foam here! But, that said, this place was much better than what I expected. I am only rating it average, but for a Motel 6 that's very good!!! Most would rate poor and disgusting. Oh, and another plus, this hotel is very dog friendly. There were multiple guests with dogs and they don't stick you in smoking rooms. Would I stay here agan? Sure, if on a budget and I needed to stay for 1 - 2 nights and had my dog with me. Put it like this, by normal Motel 6 standards, this place is definitely a cut above.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet the expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve in the near future.

Frostburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Motel 6 in Martinsburg, WV with my family.The property has good location off I-81 and the property has good parking lot lighting.I checked into my room and I have to say that the room was clean and it smelled fresh.The beds were really comfortable.I did enjoy my stay and I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear sir
Thank you for your compliment.it was our pleasure to servre you as our guest.

Truly
Pat Patel

Been to Motel 6 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!