“Better than your usual Motel 6” 3 of 5 stars

You added Motel 6 Martinsburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Martinsburg
5595 Hammonds Mill Road, Martinsburg, WV 25401 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
“Better than your usual Motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Okay, let's be honest. When you think Motel 6, you generally think the worst. At least I do. The chain is normally on my "last resort" list, and I will check all other places before I would ever choose to stay at one. I am a dog show judge, so often when I am hired to judge, the host will put me up at a hotel of their choice near the show site. Needless to say, I was not excited when the host of my last assignment booked me a room at this Motel. I was expecting the worst, but read some favorable reviews here and since I wasn't paying for the room anyway, I decided to keep an open mind. I figured if it was terrible I would just grit and bear it for one night and stay at an alternate location for the second night - even if I had to pay the difference. I am happy to report I was pleasantly surprised. Just like most recent reviews note, the place appeared to have been recently renovated. Rooms are large. Each comes with a refrigerator and microwave, and room was clean. The parking lot was well lit and location is just off the highway. There is a 24 hour Walmart across the street for convenience, as well as a McDonald's and other fast food places very close by. For a downside, the bed was really hard and uncomfortable and pillows tiny. I have arthritis and woke up very stiff. Definitely no memory foam here! But, that said, this place was much better than what I expected. I am only rating it average, but for a Motel 6 that's very good!!! Most would rate poor and disgusting. Oh, and another plus, this hotel is very dog friendly. There were multiple guests with dogs and they don't stick you in smoking rooms. Would I stay here agan? Sure, if on a budget and I needed to stay for 1 - 2 nights and had my dog with me. Put it like this, by normal Motel 6 standards, this place is definitely a cut above.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet the expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve in the near future.

Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Frostburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Motel 6 in Martinsburg, WV with my family.The property has good location off I-81 and the property has good parking lot lighting.I checked into my room and I have to say that the room was clean and it smelled fresh.The beds were really comfortable.I did enjoy my stay and I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear sir
Thank you for your compliment.it was our pleasure to servre you as our guest.

Truly
Augusta, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I travel with a pet and so I stay in a lot of Motel 6's. They don't charge for my dog, and I appreciate that, but, if you are someone that frequents this chain, you know that not all Motel 6's are created equal. Some can be down right scary. Not this one. It is beautifully situated away from the main road, is all newly redone, is very clean, and while it is more expensive than some others in the chain, it is worth it. I stayed here on my way down to Tennessee, and also on my way back, so I was there twice inside of two weeks. Both times it was a positive experience. Best of all---NO BED BUGS HERE!!! I will go back when I pass that way again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Sir
Thank you for your compliments.we will always be here for you and continue to do batter and batter every day.
Thanks Again
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Flawless quality, impeccable service, just an absolute perfection through out the property.

Yes indeed, from the luscious and grand entrance to the property, immaculate lobby, friendliest check in service, spotless vending area, sparkling rooms, detailed housekeeping, and fresh coffee with the departure service. Truly exceptional from start to finish.

How often are you offered tooth brush, razor, comb if forgotten? How often are you offered early coffee than the usual hours? Yes indeed, not very often but here in Martinsburg we were offered what you do not often find else where even upon request.

The best Motel 6 experience ever, hummmm, the best experience ever for the money!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest
Thank You for your compliments.
Thanks
Cedar Hill, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our GPS took us to a vacant lot (obviously not the motel's fault); we did eventually find the motel, but by then were very tired, which may have influenced our reaction to it. It either was another motel, redone as a Motel 6, or represents something new in the Motel 6 line (or both). How often does one see a Motel 6 with a fountain in the front?! Extremely modern, large room, but $70 seems a bit dear for a motel virtually in the country, with all the usual Motel 6 amenities - i.e., none, other than bad coffee in the morning. No breakfast, no shampoo, no coffee maker in room, not even a box of Kleenex. Seemed to be little in the area (restaurants, etc.) with the exception of a Walmart and McDonald's.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Motel 6
Emmaus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Unfortunately this place had mold on the floor of the bathroom, which gave me a nasty fungal infection on my feet. The A/C barely worked, resulting in high humidity which seemed to cause the mold problems.

Otherwise it was pretty nice for a Motel 6 - a good sized room with a fridge and microwave in a pleasant area. Far enough off I-81 as that the noise was not a problem.
The mattress was a bit on the hard side, but that seems to be the case in most of the "new renovated" Motel 6 that we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Check for a musty smell in the bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
parishivam2000, Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Sir Please Accept Our Apology For Your Concern For Bathroom Floor.It Is Not Mold It's Glue Comming Thru Vynal Beaucase Of Moisture.We Try To Clean But The Black Stain Want Go Away.We Are In Prossess To Change Vynal.Please Give Us Another Chance We Will Do Batter Next Time.
Truly
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We read the other reviews and were pretty excited to stay here. The outside of the hotel is shabby looking and could really really use some attention to the building itself. We checked into our first room, which was occupied - thankfully the other people were not there. Went back to get a new room, which was on the second floor. After a sneak peak, it looked fine. It kind of looks like Ikea owns the place, but whatever. Once we lugged everything upstairs and began to unpack however, we noticed stains all over the blankets and sheets and DEAD ROACH-LIKE bugs all over the floor. I was already barefoot and nearly stepped on one. Neither of us have ever had such an experience before! The clerk, who seemed to not super care about the situation, never offered a sorry and asked if we might maybe want a refund. I have never wanted to leave some place so quickly.

Save your money and your time and sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
parishivam2000, General Manager at Motel 6 Martinsburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear our valued guest
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvinent.We can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future.please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.thankyou for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again when your travel plan require a night lodging in martinsburg.
Very truly yours
Pat Patel

Been to Motel 6 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!