“just always something. And service? Do they have any ?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Martinsburg

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Martinsburg to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Martinsburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1937 Short Road, off Short Road exit, Rt. 9 East, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“just always something. And service? Do they have any ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The place is semi convenient and the price is usually good. There is always an issue though. The walls are thin so you hear everything. The remotes in the rooms dont work. Had to replace my room remote twice in one stay. The heating and air units are very noisy. Now let me start with check in. Most of the people are nice enough. The morning staff. The midnight shift. There is one girl works every Tuesday. No personality. No idea how to talk or interact to make a customer feel at home. Now the worst was this past week. The were not only out of yogurt , but had no meat to serve. The woman told me they had a busy weekend and were waiting for the truck to arrive. Now this was a Wednesday morning that they were out of everything. So were they out earlier in the week? I guess my big question do they not care about the customer and their needs. If they new they were low or out , couldnt they have spent a few buck at Costco or sams? Do you care that much about money , and that little about your guest that someone couldn't go and get some stuff to make it an enjoyable breakfast. To me that is the worst in service and management. When your customers suffer because of the bottom line, it wont be long before there is no bottom line. There will be no customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to work as this was a business trip. There is nothing around this hotel other than a Sheets gas station and the Government Building where I had to work. I stayed 2 nights and the only hi-light were the people who worked there, they are very nice. This place is run-down and the rooms do not have internet. There is a mini-fridge and free continental breakfast with waffles, eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, etc. The rooms on each of the 2 floors share the same hallway so if someone slams the door (like mine did at 2:30AM) it will wake you up. The next time I will drive further to get a place with better facilities, amenities, and more to do in the area, including restaurants.

Room Tip: Room at the end of the halls are quieter as you don't hear as much door slamming. Keep your fan...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have stayed here in the past. Wonderful staff and they cater to your needs. The facility is now in need of some work though and it's not getting the maintenance it needs. Weeds growing in the gardens. Dirty carpet and frayed towels.

It's not horrible and we'll give it one more try when we are back in the area...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Despite this hotel being a "smoke free' hotel, my in-laws' room and our room reeked of cigarette smoke. The lady at the desk offered us new rooms, which smelled clean so we swapped to the new rooms. The door latch didn't work well in my in-laws' room and both bathrooms looked like they hadn't been remodeled in a good 20 years. One of our beds also had a cigarette burn in the bedspread. However, these were minor complaints we could have dealt with. Shortly after getting into our rooms, my mother-in-law asked if I could come to her room to see something. I didn't even have to set foot in her room before I saw a giant bug on the wall above their beds and a cockroach on the ceiling. Needless to say, we grabbed our suitcases and high-tailed it out of there for another hotel. The lady at the desk tried explaining that the bugs were stink bugs that were everywhere in the area and were harmless. I replied with "that's nice, but there are still giant bugs in our hotel room and that's why we won't be staying in the area." If you're traveling north, drive 30 minutes further and stay at the Comfort Suites in Hagerstown, Maryland. It's blissfully bug-free!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is located about 5 miles from I-81. It is a very quiet area. Room was nice and clean. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was well stocked. Easy drive to Harpers Ferry or Charlestown Race Track Casino. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ellsworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wonderful place to stay! I stayed 2 nights and had no problems at all. The staff was very friendly and helpful! The price was right! I will stay there again the next time I am in town, esp if the prices are the same!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is clean and friendly but three problems were enough to make me not come back. First, the "free"' in room wifi was very poor and most of the time I was unable to connect. Second, the door did not lock/latch properly, something we found out only after leaving our room and coming back to an ajar door. Finally, we could clearly hear the occupants in the floor above us and their floor (our ceiling) squeeked every time they walked around. Will look elsewhere next time.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Martinsburg? Share your experiences!