“Someone dropped the ball.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Martinsburg

You added Super 8 Martinsburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Martinsburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2048 Edwin Miller Blvd, I-81 Exit 16E, Martinsburg, WV 25402   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Trion, Georgia
“Someone dropped the ball.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

One of the worst places I've stayed. Walls were very thin. I could hear the cell phones of the people next door ringing all night and every word of their conversations. Nasty looking people hanging around outside by the front door at all hours. Doors slamming shut and people yelling until the wee hours of the morning. An alarm started going off down the hall in the early hours of the morning and no one shut it off after I called the front desk. Had to turn my TV up to drown out the noise. The room itself was really run-down. The comforter was covered in cigarette burns. The carpet was similarly damaged in a large area. The remote control for the TV was completely filthy with smeared and dried food and other residue. The room stunk terribly. There was mold all over the bathroom. Hard to believe Super 8 would allow one of their properties to become this despicable.

Room Tip: Avoid stairways and try to get a room that is away from doors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hood River,Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was unaware that dogs were allowed in motel rooms-and one across
the hallway from me kept barking every time I'd leave my room. Not
something I appreciated. But the staff at the motel was friendly and
polite-very helpful folks. Helped me with directions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dale C, Manager at Super 8 Martinsburg, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
I apologize about the dog problem, and will try my best to fix the problem. I hope to see you again at Super 8.
southchesterfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The health dept need to check this flea bed motel it is NAsty cum on the dirty sheet it isnt fit for people towel look hand wash and left dry the hole was dark floor was dirty need vacuming No breakfast served I woludnt eat any way

• Stayed March 2014
Martinsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Small but easily fixable things made the stay unimpressive. Cigarette butts on floors, missing ice bucket lid and cups, no shower liner so water went all over bathroom floor, one light didn't work. Service was pleasant, but couldn't make up for the disappointment after paying for a suite. Was surprised to find out that room is used for both smoking and non-smoking. Will most likely travel to Hagerstown Super 8 again if in need.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dale C, Manager at Super 8 Martinsburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
thankyou for your feedback
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We chose this hotel from a tourist brochure which stated the hotel had been ''newly renovated''. When we arrived, this was clearly not the case. The hallways were filthy and the room was in dire need of renovation and gave you that feeling you are glad you are only there for one night! When we pulled the bedspread back it had a massive burn hole in it. The bathroom drain also came up when having a shower.
I think the previous reviews for this property are spot on and had I checked on Trip Advisor beforehand, I would never have stayed at this motel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were on on our way to SC and stopped to rest. I hardly slept. Old nasty comforters on bed. Sheets had holes in them. Room smelled VERY musty. Towels were very thin with stains on them.
When I used bathroom, whole toilet moved, thought I was gonna fall through the floor.
The people who ran the hotel were very nice. I think it needs to be overhauled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Martinsburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The photos on here were taken by professionals and I assume in the best rooms. Nothing in my room looked like the photos. The bed linens had holes in them. There was a musty smell in the room. The window was open when I entered the place and it would not lock. I was planning on staying two nights, but I would not leave anything in the room because it felt unsafe. I decided to go somewhere else. The towel rack almost fell off the wall when I replaced the towel after drying my hands. The ceiling in the bathroom was patched and paint chips fell on me when I showered. The bathtub was also chipping under my feet, When I stepped out of the shower I looked down and saw the drain was clogged with chips from the ceiling and the flaky tub parts. Oh and a funky mold on the bathroom wall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Motel 6 Martinsburg
Holiday Inn Martinsburg
#4 of 13 in Martinsburg
4.0 of 5 stars 151 reviews
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North

Been to Super 8 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!