“Kinda gross” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Martinsburg

You added Super 8 Martinsburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Martinsburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2048 Edwin Miller Blvd, I-81 Exit 16E, Martinsburg, WV 25402   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Syracuse, New York
“Kinda gross”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were on on our way to SC and stopped to rest. I hardly slept. Old nasty comforters on bed. Sheets had holes in them. Room smelled VERY musty. Towels were very thin with stains on them.
When I used bathroom, whole toilet moved, thought I was gonna fall through the floor.
The people who ran the hotel were very nice. I think it needs to be overhauled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The photos on here were taken by professionals and I assume in the best rooms. Nothing in my room looked like the photos. The bed linens had holes in them. There was a musty smell in the room. The window was open when I entered the place and it would not lock. I was planning on staying two nights, but I would not leave anything in the room because it felt unsafe. I decided to go somewhere else. The towel rack almost fell off the wall when I replaced the towel after drying my hands. The ceiling in the bathroom was patched and paint chips fell on me when I showered. The bathtub was also chipping under my feet, When I stepped out of the shower I looked down and saw the drain was clogged with chips from the ceiling and the flaky tub parts. Oh and a funky mold on the bathroom wall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place I ever spent the night in (and I am not a picky person). We were at Summit Point for the weekend and stayed there as a lack of other options. The rooms smelled like old detergent, they were small, outdated and cleanliness was questionable. Out of 4 towels, 2 were dirty (with footprints on). The covers had holes in them. Some of the lights were broke. And above all, it was noisy as hell! We could hear our neighbors' TVs, phones, etc...Plus we were woken up by a drunk person at 1am banging on our door. The staff did nothing about it even though we asked them to take care of it. Another guest had his truck window smashed in the parking lot. A real nightmare! DO NOT STAY THERE. It's cheap (which could be expected for West Virginia) but you get what you paid for.

• Stayed August 2013
New Providence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Room was clean. Musty smell dissipated when i turned on the AC. Breakfast was meagre. Plumbing and fixturees serviceable but tired. Like i said in the title... nothing serious to complain about and I have paid more for less many times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dale C, Manager at Super 8 Martinsburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2014

Been to Super 8 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!