“Not to good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Martinsburg

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Martinsburg to your Saves list
Super 8 Martinsburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2048 Edwin Miller Blvd, I-81 Exit 16E, Martinsburg, WV 25402   |
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Frederick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

thought i could get away for the weekend and relax the room stunk well the whole place stunk the breakfast area was dirty the breakfasr ceral was very stale the breakfast area windows need to be cleaned the whole place was dark diry the beds were to hard and of course loud neighbors should have read reviews before booking the shower curtain rod was not attached to the wall the whole place needed some maintainence the coffee was terrible the pot was probly never washed out very disspointed with the whole expierence will never stay at anouther super 8 again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Owner/attendant was VERY flexible and gracious (Praise Y-h) and worked with us in a unique situation! Would recommend a reservation, and would again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dale C, Manager at Super 8 Martinsburg, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for posting your comments on our property! Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again
Bayside, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

We went to visit family for Christmas and decided to stay here on the way home as a quick stop. The room was okay, staff was nice and the biggest plus was that it is situated next to a police precinct. You get what you pay for. The hotel reeked of marajuana, not a place I will stay again with my toddler. Parents beware! Next trip we will be trying a hotel near the mall. They looked a lot nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed December 2011

Travelers are raving about these Martinsburg hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed at this property with 2 friends. Okay for one night. It was old and run down but passable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cotati, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel is by far the worst hotel I’ve ever spent a night in, and I’ve traveled quite a bit in my life. Having had good experiences at other super 8’s I felt this one would be OK. Besides I was dead tired, it was midnight, I needed a place that took pets, and this hotel was right off the interstate. Check in was a hassle. I asked for a non smoking room. They gave me a smoking room. I went back to ask for a different room and was told that was the only room he had. I went back to the room grabbed my stuff and went back to the front desk to ask for a refund. The clerk’s wife/ sister was at the desk when I returned the second time, and she quickly gave me the key to a different room without an argument. Not sure what the problem was the first guy I talked to. At any rate, the hallways were dimly lit and littered with trash. When I opened the door to the room I was hit in face by the smell of an orange scented clearer that was so strong it nearly knocked me over. I had to wonder what smell they were trying to cover up. I had to open the window and let the room air out for an hour or so (It was about 40 F out). All of the furnishing, fixtures, linens, etc are run down and I can’t vouch for their cleanliness. The vents on the window unit were broken, bent and filthy. Only about half of the lights in the room worked. The free breakfast was pretty sparse and I didn’t even bother with it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

The room smelled really bad, got better once the air went on. Was really run down. We stayed in Super 8's for 4 nights and this was the worst one we encountered.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Martinsburg? Share your experiences!