“Great deal nice clean rooms and wifi that works” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Martinsburg

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Knights Inn Martinsburg
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1997 Edwin Miller Boulevard, Exit 16-E, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Ranked #6 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
fayette, ms
“Great deal nice clean rooms and wifi that works”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I have stayed at this motel twice and enjoyed it both times. This time, I had my husband and my cat with me. My son lives in Martinsburg and he came over to visit, and he and my husband were on the laptop for hours happily surfing and playing games. We had a wonderful three nights of sleep there and the place was spotless. I had one nighters staying next door each night and I spotted the cleaning people removing the bedspread to launder it after each stay. Remarkable for a $60 a night motel. My only disappointment was the weak coffee and meager continental breakfast. But everything else was tops. Run out for your own coffee, there a Sheetz just down the road.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

If all you need is a place to sleep than this is an okay place. Everything is no frills, but it is convenient to the highway and has a good price. I stay here a couple times a year when I just need a place to sleep and be able to do a bit of computer work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Hartly, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

After a bad experience in Berkeley Springs, we stayed at yet another cheap hotel because of budget constraints. I chose this one because it was the cheapest, yet had better ratings than the better hotels. I see why. The rooms are spotless, the TV is excellent, the Wi-Fi is excellent, the beds sleep well, and they use softened water plus the hot water heater is in the room, not shared by several rooms! The owner/manager was very helpful explaining everything we asked, especially about the price. He said it was better to have cheap filled rooms than expensive empty ones. Wise man!!!
We are now faithful followers of this particular hotel. We will be coming periodically to Martinsburg now that we found a cheap place to stay. We love to indulge in our love of fresh fried catfish at the local Ryan's Restaurant. They serve it only on Tuesday and Friday nights. This is the closest Ryan's to our house.

Fayetteville, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

The site and the sign said hi speed internet but it did not exist. The iron leaked water out the bottom and the new board they brought wouldn't stand up. The floor felt like glue under bare feet! Satisfaction is not an option!!!!!!!! Lots of hot water though!

Rochester UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Firstly, this is a MOTel, not hotel and on first sight is very off-putting, however I travelledm to US by Queen Mary 2 and needed a stop off tovisit Harpers Ferry - John Brown's final stand - heartily recommended. We travelled by wonderful Amtrak - my 80yr old husband, 53 yr old daughter and her disabled husband and after the initial shock discovered that the accommodation was on a par with Travelodge in UK. With a Subway Gas Station within 5 minutes walk we were able to buy provisions to sustain us for the 2 days from shop assistants who 'had never seen an English''. The Owner of the motel seemed abrupt and gruff at first but was actually very helpful and accommodating. Ideally you need your own transport for Martinsburg as cabs are very unreliable but if times isn't too demanding, as in our case, then that is not an issue. We continued on to my brother in Pittsburgh, well satisfied. I do recommend that you take an international kettle when travelling in US - its a life-saver!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Not much to say, but this place is exactly what I needed after a long day on the motorcycle: inexpensive, free wi-fi, and just off the highway. Staff is pleasant and helpful. Since I was just passing through and needed to crash and check my email, it suited me. Hot water is hot and the wi--fi works. That's good enough for me.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
high point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

pulled in late and tired going from ny to nc.found pleasent clean room.breakfest bar small but fresh and clean.helpful friendly staff.well exceeded my expetations for budget room.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!