“Clean and safe place to pass the night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Martinsburg

You added Knights Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Knights Inn Martinsburg
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1997 Edwin Miller Boulevard, Exit 16-E, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Rhode Island
“Clean and safe place to pass the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

For a one diamond motel, this was a pleasant surprise. King size bed, big flat panel TV, hair dryer, sofa, iron and board, even! It ticked all my boxes. Also very clean. We took advantage of the take-out menus thoughtfully left in the room and enjoyed a nice Chinese dinner.The only disappointment were the pillows. I ALWAYS bring my own, just in case, but this time I forgot, and theirs were small. Still, I'd stay here again... great price for all you get.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I needed a relatively cheap place to stay within a short driving distance to Historic Shepherdstown, WV. I found this one-star on Priceline for a great price, but was a little hesitant to book such a low star hotel. Nevertheless, the price reeled me in. The hotel is just a short trip off the Interstate I-81 and about 10 miles from Shepherdstown. I was pleasantly surprised how clean my room was in this one-star hotel. The included internet was fast enough for me to stream TV to my tablet, and the room also included Direct TV with HBO. There is no breakfast, but the hotel supplies a very small selection of pastries in the morning with ok coffee. If you want more, there are a few fast food restaurants nearby for your breakfast fix. If you only need a cheap place to stay for one night in the Martinsburg area this place could be an option for you. Anything more than that, I would suggest moving up to a 2.5-3-star hotel. There are a few in the area.

Room Tip: Room 103 had a strong internet connection.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We only stopped here for one night after a visit to nearby Harpers Ferry and it was about what I expected. The entrance was not well lit and was kind of hard for our group of (admittedly weary!) travelers to find. Check-in was smooth and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room. While it wasn't the Ritz-Carlton, it was clean and had a chair, desk and flat screen TV. The bathroom was old and a little creaky but given the price level this was to be expected. There is a "breakfast" of coffee and doughnuts served in the office and free Wi-Fi. While bare bones in amenities and basic in quality, the motel gives you a clean and comfortable return on a minimal ($50) investment and is worth it if you're merely looking for a place to rest your head.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We arrived late at this hotel. If we had gotten there earlier, we would have left to find a different hotel. The room was so gross and icky. I really had to try to not think about how dirty the place was to even get a wink of sleep. I had confirmed a week prior simple request and when we arrived, we were told it wasn't possible at all. Why not tell me that when I am confirming and give me a chance to go somewhere else that can accommodate? They only have a limited small few items for breakfast and when they're gone, they're gone. I think they may be prepared to only service less than a dozen people or less. We were out of luck but luckily there's dining options around the area close by. I would never stay at this flea bag hotel again and would advice anyone else to continue searching for someplace different.

Room Tip: Bring plastic to cover the beds, then your own bedding and say alot of prayers that you don't ca...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A great value. $55 for a room with 2 beds. Room was very clean and well-maintained, had Direct TV with plenty of viewing options, fridge, and microwave. All rooms are non-smoking so no odors to worry about. Breakfast is just mini donuts and coffee, but at this price point I am not complaining. Free WiFi too!
Across the street is Jason's Chinese Buffet which is an incredible eating value. Take my word for it you will not be disappointed to eat there especially at lunch.
If I'm ever in the area again this is where I will stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hartselle, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed one night while traveling. The room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The shower had great pressure. It was updated with flat screened TV and Quartz countertop. I would have given it five stars but the AC must have had a restrictor or something as it did not cool as much as we preferred. So we got a little hot while sleeping.

Stayed July 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Upon check in hotel was nice. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and spacious . King bed. Flat screen tv frig. Micro n office. Great location . Excellent value. Coffee in lobby 24 hrs. Stores close by . Food near by. Both within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Knights Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!