“Six Great Nights” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Martinsburg

You added Knights Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Knights Inn Martinsburg
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1997 Edwin Miller Boulevard, Exit 16-E, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Wilton, California
“Six Great Nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We got a great deal, less than $70, with tax, and extended our stay two nights from our original reservation. The room faced a bank parking lot and was extremely quiet. The room was large with a nice couch. The Refrigerator had a nice sized freezer. I even had to turn the thermostat down as my carrots froze! The microwave allowed us to cook some dinners in the room, saving us money. The breakfast was quite light, Vern went down for coffee but we had cereal in our room. The location was excellent for visiting Harper's Ferry and Antietam. The local visitor center in Martinsburg suggests this motel as the best and we agree. (They have a coupon there for a single night at under $50, plus tax). We enjoyed our visit to Martinsburg and this motel.

Room Tip: Ask for the backside of the back building.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maben
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Two night stay for trip to PA for Amish experience and produce. Bought a yorkshire terrier for my wife during trip after first night stay. Upon arriving back at Knights Inn was told by staff that we were not staying in approved room for pets, but pet could stay for additional $60.00 but would require change of room. After consultation rate lowered to $40.00 as final proposal. When I inquired about the advertised $10.00 nightly stay for pets I was informed that for $10.00 my wife and me could not change rooms and pet could not stay, so I packed up and left. My corporate stays for future travel will not include Knights Inn for me or my staff due to this experience at Martinsburg WV. Just seemed to be strange that the staff would not work it out to suit the customer.

Room Tip: stay at competitor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
york, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here this past Wednesday. Once again, I had a great stay. The location can't be beat. I used points for my stay. When I arrived I didn't want to drive to go for food. I was able to walk to the AC&T next door and get a Subway sub. There are 4 restaurants within walking distance. The room was nice and clean and they have satellite TV. I like having a room where I can park right at the door. I recommend this hotel to those that aren't hung up on going to the "high dollar" hotels where the "free" breakfast isn't really free.

Room Tip: If you are looking for all the bells and whistles, then this isn't your hotel and no room will b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Schenectady, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We decided to stay at the Knights Inn on our way back to New York because of the price and the reviews I had found online. It is conveniently located just off the interstate, and close to food and gas.

Our room was not huge, but was a comfortable size. They are older rooms but you can tell that they have been trying to update them. Our television was an older set but it worked just fine - and we did make use of it since it was a rainy night! We found everything to be very clean and our bed (we had a king bed) was comfortable. There was a small kitchenette area with a mini fridge/freezer, sink and microwave. We had no noise issues at the hotel, everything was quiet.

My one complaint about the room was the toilet. Our toilet rocked and it was kind of small toilet. It worked fine though.

Also, they say they have a free continental breakfast, but as others have noted, it's not really much of anything. There were a few mini donuts in a case. There was probably coffee, but I didn't pay attention as I didn't drink it. You will need to go get breakfast somewhere if you're staying here.

I recommend staying here if you are passing through and want somewhere clean and comfortable and affordable to stay. I recommend picking up a coupon book at the rest areas because you will find one for this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were traveling north from Florida and just wanted an inexpensive place to sleep. The place is a bit old & dated, TV picture just passable - very snowy. But there was a microwave & refrig - the room was basically clean, no funny odors, bed was OK and the price was right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Longmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The motel was a bit dated and cleanliness was not perfect, but adequate. I love being able to park my car right outside the room. That makes loading and unloading the car easy. The room was OK, the bed was comfortable. TV was somewhat limited.

The price was very economical, but the breakfast was very minimal. There was coffee and miniature doughnuts and some simple rolls. That's all!

Staff was friendly, but we ended up going out for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Moriches, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I thought this place was just fine for the price. Only two downsides were 1) no 'continental breakfase'; only some mini muffins and coffee, and 2) no shampoo in the room. When I asked at the desk I was told "We have them here, and next month we will have new purchasing contracts and have enough to have them in the rooms." The room was immaculate, and the staff (seemed to be a family) very helpful and nice. Very conveniently located and just want I want for an inexpensive one night rest stop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Knights Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!