“No frills clean room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Martinsburg

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Knights Inn Martinsburg
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1997 Edwin Miller Boulevard, Exit 16-E, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Nyack, New York
“No frills clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

It's not the Waldorf, but the rate, especially with AAA discount is wonderful. The rooms haven't been updated...retro ugly bedspreads & curtains, but CLEAN! They're pet friendly, too, even tho' we weren't traveling with our dog this time. Super polite & considerate front desk. Would definitely return for a great bargain. And we'd love to see what comes up in the small "garden" that's been planted outside the laundry room!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I booked through Expedia and when I arrived the next day, everything was right on track! I stayed for the night. The room was clean and comfortable (even the rock hard bed). There was a refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and DirecTV. The double room was very large and could easily accommodate a family of four.

My only complaint - and I don't know if this was a fluke or not - there was no travel size shampoo and/or conditioner. Just two bars of soap. But for $70 for the night, I didn't really care.

Also, they advertise free breakfast. Well the breakfast consists of pastries and coffee.

The location is great...an easy on/off for 81. So you have access to different parts of Martinsburg as well as close proximity to the VA line.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Customer service was horrible, room was cancelled before we arrived for the first night of stay (no reason given), my husband was given a hard time for second night because my name was on reservation. When I called to get details and change name, indian man whom I assume was owner hung up on me before I could even give any info. Girl at front desk was rude. No helpful people in the establishment at all.

Would not recommend to anyone, if there is a problem you cannot get it handled in a professional manner. I had to wait until next morning and handle it with Wyndham Rewards and Knights Inn customer care.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Martinsburg hotels

Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I used one of the highway hotel coupons to stay here. It is right off of 81 and very reasonably priced. The room was clean and nicely decorated. It had a microwave ,refrigerator' and DirecTV service. My only suggestion is to improve upon the coffee. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is my second review of Knights Inn, Martinsburg. The motel never disappoints. For 55.99, tax included, you get a clean, comfortable, and quiet room. The room has a mini fridge and small microwave, in case you want to bring your own food and eat cheap.The free breakfast is coffee or tea and mini donuts and muffins. That will get you on your feet long enough to take the four minute walk to the Waffle House. A three minute walk beyond the Waffle House is Sheetz for a grab and go breakfast sandwich. The motel is flanked by a Kentucky Fried Chicken on one side and a Long John Silvers on the other side. An Exxon gas station is next to Long John's and it has a Subway sandwich shop. If you care to walk further afield, beyond Sheetz is an Arby's and beyond it is a Mexican restaurant next to a strip mall containing a frozen yogert shop, a Pizza Hut, a Chinese restaurant and another Subway. The strip mall also contains everything a traveler could want: post office, laundromat, pharmacy, grocery store, and Auto Zone. On the way to Sheetz, you'll notice a bank, with a 24 hour atm, and an urgent care facility. All of this on the same side of the street as the Knights Inn, so you don't have to cross the busy Edwin Miller Boulevard. As for the room itself, don't think luxury, think function. The room is twelve strides long and five strides wide. The bathroom proper is a toilet and tub with shower. The sink and mirror are outside the bathroom in the dressing area. An excellent arrangement for two people who have to get ready for a function at the same time. The television is a 25 inch picture tube, no flatscreen, but it has Direct TV and is located opposite the double beds. The beds are extremely comfortable and my wife declared it was the best night's sleep she's had in months! There is also a desk in the room with a very comfortable leather chair as well as an additional chair in the room. The motel has 57 rooms, all on the ground floor, so there are no worries about noise from above or below. There is no coffee maker in the room, but it's a short trip to the office for coffee and ice. If you drink decaf, bring your own coffee crystals. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: On the busy Edwin Miller Blvd, close to the interstate, yet all the rooms are quiet and sleeping is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
york, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

this is my hotel of choice in Martinsburg. Love being able to park at my door. This is a safe location and the room is clean. This is an older motel, so don't expect all the amenities of the newer motels. I have no issues when I stay at this hotel. Great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
fayette, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I often visit Martinsburg and not always because I want to, but need to. The one thing I always look forward to is staying at the Knights Inn. The manager and his staff are exceptional and the place is clean and comfortable. I stayed there for 20 nights in a row and never found one thing not to my liking. I like to stay in places where I can park my car at my door and be able to enjoy the outside air. They know I like to be in one of the rooms overlooking a pasture with a picturesque barn and beautiful old house. I get really homesick when I stay at other places I have to travel but this well kept little gem makes me feel at home.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the office side near the back where I get a calming pastoral view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!