“My favorite place to stay. Period.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Martinsburg

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Martinsburg to your Saves list
Knights Inn Martinsburg
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1997 Edwin Miller Boulevard, Exit 16-E, Martinsburg, WV 25401   |
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
fayette, ms
“My favorite place to stay. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I often visit Martinsburg and not always because I want to, but need to. The one thing I always look forward to is staying at the Knights Inn. The manager and his staff are exceptional and the place is clean and comfortable. I stayed there for 20 nights in a row and never found one thing not to my liking. I like to stay in places where I can park my car at my door and be able to enjoy the outside air. They know I like to be in one of the rooms overlooking a pasture with a picturesque barn and beautiful old house. I get really homesick when I stay at other places I have to travel but this well kept little gem makes me feel at home.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the office side near the back where I get a calming pastoral view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Plainfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a no-frills type of motel...But it is clean, all appliances work and the owner is most friendly! We stayed there twice in September while traveling to and from the Southern states. Both times we were greeted with a smile and our rooms were very comfortable. The King- Size bed had a new mattress and the refrigerator and TV both worked fine. Would stay there again if we were traveling in that direction! It was one of the cheapest and best of all of our motels on the entire two week trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
york, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed here many times and always feel safe and comfortable. Parking at the door is always a plus in my book....saves time carrying stuff into the room. The room was clean, the bed is comfortable. My room had a sofa and chair and both were comfortable. They have directv and a bunch of channels. I would recommend this place to anyone! Room also had a fridge and microwave, which is very convenient. They don't have breakfast, but really, if you think about it....the "free" breakfast at other hotels isn't really free since you are paying more for the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I like this place, the owner is genuine and engaging, and everyone is very friendly and helpful. he hooked me up with a discount because i stay there when i come. everyone likes to think they are getting a break in this day and age. I like parking and walking right into the room. They have a coupon online sometimes as well. check google for one.

Room Tip: i have stayed here about 6 times, and its really the luck of the draw. some rooms are just nicer th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was a bit leary after reading some of the reviews here, but was pleasantly surprised. It is an older hotel as mentioned below, but my room was clean with decent furniture and a comfortable bed. Unlike most cheap hotels, the rooms smelled fresh and not musty. The so-called breakfast was pretty much pointless, but it is the cheapest room I could find in the area, so... Oh, and if you have a pet, the charge is just $10 as long as you tell the clerk. If you try to hide your pet and are caught, then they charge you $50. And no one was rude.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

$50 service charge for pets! We made reservations through Wyndham online and the hotel almost refused to honor them! The service staff are ungrateful, nasty, unprofessional... I was very cordial with the manager who stalks you 10 minutes after checkout and then hangs up the phone on you. Rude!! Much needed renovations. The toilet barely flushes, and the sink was literally broken in several pieces then superglued back together. Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2012
Balt-Wash Metro Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is one of the original Knights Inn Buildings , One floor park at your door,somewhat of a castle design, It's an older motel that seems to have been taken care of and remodeled fairly well.
King size bed room also had a couch.Had direct TV. Rooms don't face highway so it's quiet.
Pleasant Check in person.-- The continental breakfast was a cinnamon square 2x2 Coffee cake and some mini donuts. juice and weak coffee. ( why in the day of McDonalds having great coffee few hotels can't make good coffee is beyond me). For the price it's a good value and a well run motel.
I will return .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!