“Comfortable and welcoming stay at Comfort Inn Aikens Center in Martinsburg, WV.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Aikens Center

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel was clean and quiet with exceptional staff. Each staff member beginning with reception followed by housekeeping services and breakfast staff was well versed in their skills, professional and very helpful. I travel frequently and this hotel stands alone and above anywhere else I have stayed in the last 2 years. It was a pleasure to feel welcome and safe while working away from home.

In the final analysis, the people working in the hotel are the one who make the difference. I would like to specifically commend Barbara and Tara at the front desk and Natasha in housekeeping for their kindness during my stay each and every day from July 8 to July 11, 2014.

Nancy

Room Tip: my room on the second floor was great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Roderick F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Aikens Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear 3nanaDEN;

Thank you for your comments regarding our Hotel. I was pleased to read your stay was a great one. We work hard each day to make each guest's visit comfortable and worry free.

You are correct it is our staff that makes your stay wonderful. You can rest assured I will pass your comments on to Tara, Barbara and Natasha.

Thanks again for your comments and your business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rome, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while vacationing in the area. The reviews on the Comfort Inn website as well as on Tripadvisor showed great reviews so we decided to book it. We arrived and we were initially impressed with the exterior of the hotel as well as with the front desk, lobby, and breakfast area. The whole place smelled fresh and new and looked recently updated. We checked in at the front desk and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. I saw a large sign by the elevator that said to pardon the dust as they were renovating the entire floor from top to bottom. The clerk said that this was a pet free, smoke free hotel and had to sign a form agreeing to not have pets or to smoke in the room. We were told the first and second floors were completely renovated and they were now working on the whole 3rd floor which was now closed for guests. Guess what floor we were assigned to? The fourth floor. The old, worn, tired, and yellowed from all of the nicotine fourth floor. As soon as we got off of the terribly slow elevator we walked out onto the very dated hallway and entered our room. The room had very obviously been smoked in. This hotel used to be a fully smoking hotel until quite recently. The room was a good size and had lots of room to move around. The furniture was very old and tired looking, the bedspread had a burn hole in it from a cigarette, the wallpaper was peeling in several places, the whole room just plain smelled like an ashtray. The blow dryer and cord was faded yellow from the cigarette smoke. We should have gone downstairs and requested a fresh, renovated room, but we didn't for whatever reason. I guess we didn't realize how badly it really smelled until we were unpacked. Upon waking up each morning our allergies were both irritated from the cigarette smell.
There was an office chair in the corner of the room , however there was no desk for it and the walls were very thin, we could clearly hear our neighbors conversation and they were only talking at a normal volume. The breakfast was great each morning and the selection of food was ample. The staff was friendly all around and the pool was clean and inviting, though we didn't go in it. I know I sound like a complainer here but I really am not hard to please. This hotel got great reviews by the people who were getting the NEW rooms. I feel baited and switched by seeing the new rooms on their website, yet getting assigned to a dumpy, smelly room. I encourage you to speak up if you get put on the fourth floor. I didn't and I regret it. I do believe that this hotel will be awesome in one year when it is ALL renovated. I just wouldn't stay there now. We were truly disappointed.
Some positives: the shower was good and hot, had good water pressure, and the beds were comfortable.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Brian P;

Thank you for commenting about our Hotel. Yes, we still have work to do, but each day our project is closer to completion.

I am sorry your room was a bit less than you felt it should have been. We are working each day to make sure every one of our guests are happy. I am sorry we fell short.

Again, Thank you for your comments and most important, thanks for your business.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Top notch customer service, all personnel were professional, friendly and willing to assist. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was tasteful and plentiful. Great location, near major highway entrance, many eateries and shopping venues located nearby.

Room Tip: Room 209 was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Roderick F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Aikens Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Divacrew1;

Thank you for your review. Our entire hotel strives everyday to make every guest's stay a pleasant one. I am Happy to see your visit went very well.
Again, thank you for your comments and most of all, your business.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hotel was clean..breakfast was good..staff was nice and most of all the room was CLEAN! First time visiting this area in particular and was looking for a nice quiet get a way and this met our standards. Pricing was a bit expensive and not to fond of the $100 deposit having to put down for room if not using a credit card! To me that's a little inconvenient because what if paying w/ cash is your only option! Not everyone uses credit cards all the time! Bed was a little uncomfortable...hurt backs in the morning! Nothing to do around the immediate area, so if looking for quiet, relaxed area this is it. Overall I'd give this hotel a 8! :)

Room Tip: 4th fllor is smoking so if no one smokes suggest to stay on 2nd floor...maybe 3rd!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Roderick F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Aikens Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear ebone c;

Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn.

I am sorry you were unhappy about our policy concerning cash customers. This is a corporate policy and a prudent business practice.

Thank you for your comments and your business.
Waxhaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a comfortable hotel, clean and comfortable room, clean and large bathroom, beautiful outdoor pool, wonderful breakfast room and hostess, however, it was all eclipsed by the sound of construction in the room next to ours beginning at 7 A.M.!I am a light sleeper but this sound could wake the dead. It was over and over, the sound of an electric drill and the door slamming over and over!
The desk clerk was very apologetic and offered a 10% discount on our room which, in retrospect, was hardly just compensation since I am now sick with a cold from lack of sleep on a long trip and reduced immune system. I hope they read this and remind their contractors to keep quiet until at least 8 A.M. for weary travelers. I would have rated this place "excellent" except for this bad experience.

Room Tip: Ask if there is any construction to be far from the activity.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bradley V, General Manager at Comfort Inn Aikens Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Waxhaw Granny;

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your unwanted wake up call. First please accept my sincere apologies. We are in the middle of a complete renovation of our hotel. The work crew is instructed not to begin hammering and pounding until after 9 AM. I have spoken to our Crew Chief and he feels equally bad. Again, my apologies.

Our renovation will be completed by the end of September, perhaps on your next trip to Martinsburg, you will stop and enjoy our new rooms and a wake up call of your choice. Thank you for your comments and your business.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a very clean and friendly place , nice pool, great breakfast ,everyone very helpful. There was plenty of other places close to hotel and easy to get around town. Very close to the interstate. Was easy to go to other states within a day. Beautiful country . Easy shopping centers. Very nice town and close to other towns with more things to do.

Room Tip: great eating places close to the hotel. We were on the first floor and had no problems was a great...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Amy R;

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Inn. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests.

I am glad your enjoyed your room and our Free Hot Breakfast. We look forward to having stay on your next visit to Martinsburg.
Again, thank you for your comments and most important, your business.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Room was great, hot (free) breakfast, lovely pool, free wifi, friendly staff. If you're in this area, this is a good choice. The only negative was a slow elevator (!) but being that it's only 4 floors, it wasn't much of a problem!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Phillip B, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Aikens Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Amy R.

I'm very glad to read that your stay with us was an enjoyable experience and that you enjoyed Your Morning Breakfast. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Thank you for your comments and your business,

Phillip Betts
Assistant General Manager
304-263-6200 ext. 133

Been to Comfort Inn Aikens Center? Share your experiences!