“Great place to stay and have enjoyed staying here for 12 years!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great place to stay and have enjoyed staying here for 12 years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Spent the weekend here while visiting places and friends in the area. Have stayed here since 2001 and never am disappointed. Great price, clean hotel and nice staff. Heard they were going to be starting some renovations . Cant wait to see them. I hope they would consider putting in an indoor pool or hot tub. Tara at the front desk has greeted us the last two times and she is so nice to the guests. Room was clean, beds were comfortable and continental breakfast was good as always! The elevator could be a little faster but otherwise I cant complain. You also get a 10% discount at a few different nearby restaurants which you can walk to from the hotel. They also have an outdoor pool.
Thanks again for a great stay and hope to see you later in the year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Rindge, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My nephew an I stayed here during a long road trip. If I could do it over I would have driven a few miles into Maryland and stayed there. This hotel is a disgrace to all Comfort Inn's! The only positive was the staff. They were very kind and understanding. Once I opened the room door, I immediately noticed there were stains up the walls that looked like faded fruit punch. The floor had obviously not been vacuumed in the room and the floor was even dirtier in the bathroom. There were actual pieces of food. The bathroom floor and tub looked like it had been cleaned with a human hair mop. Long black hairs were everywhere. The counter was equally as disgusting. I carry Clorox wipes and paper towel to do a sweep over the bathroom surfaces, remote, and light fixtures every time I stay anywhere. I cleaned what I could, laid a towel down on the floor and told my nephew not to put anything on the floor. I did check the bedding and it was clean. I immediately went down to the lobby to explain that it was not a very clean room. The staff was understanding and offered to switch my room, but I was too worried that the bedding may be gross elsewhere and I was exhausted from the drive. My nephew and I decided we would go to the pool and get out of the gross room. But the pool was filled with dead beetles and we both couldn't swim in that. So we decided to go to bed at 9 and get the heck out of there by 5AM. I complained again at check-out. No one offered any kind of reimbursement. I really would recommend that the hotel close down, get renovated, and change there name. This is not your typical Comfort Inn. I would not stay here even if you are exhausted, broke, or desperate. The owner should be ashamed and I would have liked a refund.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this was not a case of you get what you pay for. I paid 80 for a room . I really figured there had to be something wrong ! Maybe the rate was good to compete with the low end hotels close by. The check in was smooth! The first negative was the elevator was slow . But the place was great! So I get to the room much larger than I expected ! This was a room you could use for extended stay . Bathroom clean , bed clean , comfortable . Room very large ! Breakfast was great ! The eggs were excellent , not runny and watery like normal at a hotel ! The second small negative , was the seating for the breakfast area small! If you had a group seating would be an issue ! Overall this was an excellent stay and highly recommend !

• Stayed July 2013
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I live in the area, but used this hotel to stay in the night before my wedding and also the night of with my new husband. I also reserved a block of rooms for guests who came from out of town. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. They handed out information packets that I had made up to my wedding guests as they checked in. Rooms were very clean and nice, although a little outdated. Continental breakfast was the normal. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Martinsburg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was in Martinsburg, WV for a basketball tornament my son's team was playing in. We had reservations at a less reputable establishment so that we could be with the rest of the team. That turned out to be a bad choice. We checked in that motel and out in less than 30 minutes. I called the Comfort Inn to find out if they had room availability. They did. We went there and checked in without a hitch. The room was so nice and clean, My husband and son breathed a sigh relief when we walked into the room. After leaving the other establishment, this was like piece of heaven. We only paid $20 more for the room. It was worth it for piece of mind and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After leaving Manhattan and driving with the crazies for hours I was in need of coffee.
I took an exit, and when I was trying to get back on the freeway it was shut down by an accident.
I'm now just ready to relax for the night.
The manager saw how tired I was, fixed me up with a room that had a great ezboy chair.
The hotel and room were just right, a bit out dated, but clean and safe.
Great morning breakfast, coffee and off I went.
The hotel could use a few more TV channels, and a little up dating but all in all a pleasant experience.
I felt the price was a bit high (90) but I don't know what the going rates are in that area.
Would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We use this hotel as a stop over when traveling north. Have used it for many years and it is still a great stop over. Very nice staff. 10% off a restaurant very near by with hotel key and it is good food.

Room Tip: Check for travel coupons to get great rate.