“Not what I expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Not what I expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I have to say this was not a case of you get what you pay for. I paid 80 for a room . I really figured there had to be something wrong ! Maybe the rate was good to compete with the low end hotels close by. The check in was smooth! The first negative was the elevator was slow . But the place was great! So I get to the room much larger than I expected ! This was a room you could use for extended stay . Bathroom clean , bed clean , comfortable . Room very large ! Breakfast was great ! The eggs were excellent , not runny and watery like normal at a hotel ! The second small negative , was the seating for the breakfast area small! If you had a group seating would be an issue ! Overall this was an excellent stay and highly recommend !

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I live in the area, but used this hotel to stay in the night before my wedding and also the night of with my new husband. I also reserved a block of rooms for guests who came from out of town. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. They handed out information packets that I had made up to my wedding guests as they checked in. Rooms were very clean and nice, although a little outdated. Continental breakfast was the normal. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Martinsburg.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was in Martinsburg, WV for a basketball tornament my son's team was playing in. We had reservations at a less reputable establishment so that we could be with the rest of the team. That turned out to be a bad choice. We checked in that motel and out in less than 30 minutes. I called the Comfort Inn to find out if they had room availability. They did. We went there and checked in without a hitch. The room was so nice and clean, My husband and son breathed a sigh relief when we walked into the room. After leaving the other establishment, this was like piece of heaven. We only paid $20 more for the room. It was worth it for piece of mind and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After leaving Manhattan and driving with the crazies for hours I was in need of coffee.
I took an exit, and when I was trying to get back on the freeway it was shut down by an accident.
I'm now just ready to relax for the night.
The manager saw how tired I was, fixed me up with a room that had a great ezboy chair.
The hotel and room were just right, a bit out dated, but clean and safe.
Great morning breakfast, coffee and off I went.
The hotel could use a few more TV channels, and a little up dating but all in all a pleasant experience.
I felt the price was a bit high (90) but I don't know what the going rates are in that area.
Would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We use this hotel as a stop over when traveling north. Have used it for many years and it is still a great stop over. Very nice staff. 10% off a restaurant very near by with hotel key and it is good food.

Room Tip: Check for travel coupons to get great rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have been driving for more than 12 hours on our way to SC and needed a decent place to stay in for the night. The place was easy to find from I-81 so we decided to stop there. Check in was quick and the woman at reception was nice. We found the room and bathroom clean. We stayed on the ground floor but we did not have any problem with noise and managed a good night's rest. Breakfast was not fancy but one can have bacon and eggs, cereals, bread, pastries and fruits apart from coffee and tea. This was enough to keep us going and cover a good distance on our drive. A number of fast food places are also located close enough to the hotel.
The next time we are in the area, we know we can stay at this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was heading up north to CT and stopped at the Comfort Inn at Aikens Center. I have stayed there many times before and am recognized at the front desk. One of the reasons that I stay there is ease of getting on and off I-81. They are located at the end of a small plaza but I have not encountered any unnecessary noise coming from the outside.

Check in was quick and I was in my room within 5 minutes of arriving. I had a non-smoking room which was a king since I was travelling alone. The room was a standard Comfort Inn, with a fridge, microwave, table and two chairs. The room was clean and I found no problem with the heat/AC.

The bathroom was clean and there were towels for four.

The breakfast fare was normal Comfort Inn with make your own waffles, eggs, cereal, coffee, juice and pastries. There was also fruit available. The breakfast area is just off the lobby and it is open and I feel on the small side. It can be noisy if all the tables are full or nearly full, depending on the amount of people at the given time.

The night that I stayed, there were about 20-25 work trucks heading north for Sandy. So the hotel was filled with a lot of workmen but there was no noise that made you realize that they were there.

There are several restaurants near the hotel and a small Rita's custard stand near the hotel, within walking distance. There are several fast food places nearby including Dunkin Donuts, KFC, Long John Silvers and others. There is a Hoss steakhouse which is like Bonanza or American Steakhouse. It is sufficient, not great.

I will continue to stop at this Comfort Inn as the convenience to the highway and is a comfortable distant between my destinations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn Aikens Center? Share your experiences!