“Not planned, but worked in a pinch!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Dallas, Texas
“Not planned, but worked in a pinch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

After leaving Manhattan and driving with the crazies for hours I was in need of coffee.
I took an exit, and when I was trying to get back on the freeway it was shut down by an accident.
I'm now just ready to relax for the night.
The manager saw how tired I was, fixed me up with a room that had a great ezboy chair.
The hotel and room were just right, a bit out dated, but clean and safe.
Great morning breakfast, coffee and off I went.
The hotel could use a few more TV channels, and a little up dating but all in all a pleasant experience.
I felt the price was a bit high (90) but I don't know what the going rates are in that area.
Would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We use this hotel as a stop over when traveling north. Have used it for many years and it is still a great stop over. Very nice staff. 10% off a restaurant very near by with hotel key and it is good food.

Room Tip: Check for travel coupons to get great rate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have been driving for more than 12 hours on our way to SC and needed a decent place to stay in for the night. The place was easy to find from I-81 so we decided to stop there. Check in was quick and the woman at reception was nice. We found the room and bathroom clean. We stayed on the ground floor but we did not have any problem with noise and managed a good night's rest. Breakfast was not fancy but one can have bacon and eggs, cereals, bread, pastries and fruits apart from coffee and tea. This was enough to keep us going and cover a good distance on our drive. A number of fast food places are also located close enough to the hotel.
The next time we are in the area, we know we can stay at this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was heading up north to CT and stopped at the Comfort Inn at Aikens Center. I have stayed there many times before and am recognized at the front desk. One of the reasons that I stay there is ease of getting on and off I-81. They are located at the end of a small plaza but I have not encountered any unnecessary noise coming from the outside.

Check in was quick and I was in my room within 5 minutes of arriving. I had a non-smoking room which was a king since I was travelling alone. The room was a standard Comfort Inn, with a fridge, microwave, table and two chairs. The room was clean and I found no problem with the heat/AC.

The bathroom was clean and there were towels for four.

The breakfast fare was normal Comfort Inn with make your own waffles, eggs, cereal, coffee, juice and pastries. There was also fruit available. The breakfast area is just off the lobby and it is open and I feel on the small side. It can be noisy if all the tables are full or nearly full, depending on the amount of people at the given time.

The night that I stayed, there were about 20-25 work trucks heading north for Sandy. So the hotel was filled with a lot of workmen but there was no noise that made you realize that they were there.

There are several restaurants near the hotel and a small Rita's custard stand near the hotel, within walking distance. There are several fast food places nearby including Dunkin Donuts, KFC, Long John Silvers and others. There is a Hoss steakhouse which is like Bonanza or American Steakhouse. It is sufficient, not great.

I will continue to stop at this Comfort Inn as the convenience to the highway and is a comfortable distant between my destinations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Albany, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We often stay at Comfort Inns due to their lower prices and basic amenities. This particular property boasts a very friendly staff and a good location for travelers, being proximate to the Interstate. It is also next door to a small Italian restaurant that is reasonably priced with good service and good food. When we had a problem with using the wireless in our room, the staff was very helpful. But, we would probably not stay at this particular Comfort Inn again. The rooms are in need of repair and remodeling. Wallpaper was peeling and the floor was uneven, creating a hazard if we forgot to step over the uneven ridge that ran from the door to the window at the end of the beds. The beds were comfortable but the bedspreads were not clean. When we turned on the air conditioner in the room, dust forcing us to shut off any heat or cooling. Thankfully, the outdoor temperature was cool so neither heat nor a/c were critical.
The lobby was marginally better, although the carpet was quite worn. The hot breakfast items were not well-heated and the lobby where breakfast is served is, by nature of location and hard flooring, noisy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The location is in a shopping center with non-standard parking. It's older with worn out furniture and dated fixtures. I noticed a lot of noise coming thru the thin walls. I could hear the people talking next to me even though they were talking at normal levels.

Breakfast was a huge disappointment. The eggs were dry and tasted like they had been frozen a long time. The sausage links were flat out nasty. They were gamey tasting and in edible. Everything else was standard hotel bread and thawed out pastries.

• Stayed September 2012
Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was traveling alone, for work. The girl Tara, at the front desk, was exremely helpful and polite. This hotel is clean and quiet, and the price was very reasonable. My room was clean and cozy. Had I not forgotten a swimsuit, I definitely would have taken advantage of the pool, which also looked very clean. There was a wide variety of choices for breakfast, and the food was tasty. My only complaint was that the wi-fi internet did not seem to be able to keep a constant connection, which was slightly annoying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
#5 of 13 in Martinsburg
3.0 of 5 stars 178 reviews
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood

Been to Comfort Inn Aikens Center? Share your experiences!