“Certainly one of the best Comfort Inn's available these days.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
West Virginia
“Certainly one of the best Comfort Inn's available these days.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Basically a no-frills, budget hotel, but with some nice touches. There is an attractive lobby and a very nice outdoor pool. I was traveling alone on business, but this would be a great hotel for my toddler if I was in town with her. There is a very good Chinese restaurant right next to the hotel as well, and many other dining options on the same highway as the hotel. The front desk woman was polite and friendly, as was another worker hanging out at the front desk, whom I assume was maintainance. I didn't have time to partake in the continental breakfast, other than grabbing some fresh fruit on my way out, but it looked basic, no frills, but certainly not the worst I've seen. The internet worked well, both the Wifi in the room and in the lobby area. The rooms are somewhat dated, the beds aren't the most comfortable, but they were clean, as was the bathroom and the rest of the room. There were two chairs and a table making a nice sitting area next to the window, and a flat screen TV with a decent picture and cable reception. All in all a solid, respectable choice for above average budget accomodations in Martinsburg, which for some reason is a very hard location to get decent hotel deals. I've stayed in two other Comfort Inn's in the last four years, the last of which was the Comfort Inn near the Pittsburgh Airport/Robinson Town Center (which also had a pool), and both of those were HORRIBLE experiences. One even granted my money back. That said, I rarely EVER complain about hotels to management or anyone, other than reviews. I stay in hotels an average of 60-70 nights a year, so I have a little experience at this. The last one was so bad I felt it was my duty to document. This Comfort Inn can hold it's head high as being one of the best in the franchies.

Room Tip: Facing the pool seems a little nicer than facing the parking lot on the other side. It's a high...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I decided to try this place out by using a rewards night. I was really pleased with my stay and will use this motel in the future.
Staff was friendly and very helpful.
The room was clean and offered a comfortable amount of space. The parking lot was huge and offered enough space for my truck.
I will stay again because it was a good value and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

While traveling to Virginia Beach my wife and I stopped at this hotel and were very pleased with the reception from the consierge, Amelia. Very pleasant and friendly. Room awsome. Breakfast was always full and ter was penty of it. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

stayed one night on June
This Comfort Inn seemed nicer than others I had stayed in recently.
The beds had nice tasteful blue bedspreads.
Bed was comfy.
Nice big well-lit washroom.

However, I found 2 long hairs in the bathroom. ick.
The curtains did not have sheers, so when you opened them, you were on full disply of the large parking lot.
The A/C in my room was the old push bottom type rather than digital.
better price than other Comfort Inns.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Summerfield, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

agree w Tracylee59's review. My next night at a CI in CT was less pleasant but pushed up my rating of this place. For an overnight stay we got our money's worth. The breakfast selection and having a helpful attendant there worked well for us. They could use more seating in the common area. The staff was attentive.

Room Tip: only one elevator ... its slow.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I would rate this motel as a two star property. The common areas are nice looking and modern. The rooms are clean, but out dated and unattractive. The room did include a micro,fridge and flat screen tv.The mattress was hard. The free breakfast was average, but included scrambled eggs and sausages, which was not bad and appreciated. This place was okay for a night if the price is right.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We fled the Comfort Inn in Shepherdstown, WV (just 10 miles from here) to this location. This particular location is larger, cleaner, and well appointed with a big, clean breakfast area. Due to a snafu in our booking at the Shepherdstown, WV site, we stayed at the one in Martinsburg instead. Taylar & Phil greeted us at the front desk and were both friendly and solicitous after we explained what happened. Phil contacted the other location to make sure we got a cancellation number. I believe that they gave us an upgraded room to make up for our experience; we were pleasantly surprised to walk in to a very large room with a two person whirlpool tub. The price was a very reasonable $106 per night. They offered a hot breakfast from 6 am to 10 am. We slept in late, so didn't get the chance to take advantage of it. I would recommend this place over the one in Shepherdstown - they're only 10 miles apart, and a world of difference in customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Aikens Center? Share your experiences!