“Toast and Dry Cereal” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Carefree Inn

Carefree Inn
You added Carefree Inn to your Saves list
Carefree Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   94 McMillan Court, Martinsburg, WV 25401 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Martinsburg
Williams, California
“Toast and Dry Cereal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Continental breakfast? They had bread and cereal. There was no spoons or milk or jelly. There was syrup but nothing to put it on... Unless I was supposed to put it on my bread or dry cereal.

The room was freezing cold and was decorated awkwardly. The indoor pool is drained in the winter. The room just looked in general disarray with wall decorations being slightly off canter and furniture being crooked.

It seemed clean but the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Skyline alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Never been treated this way at a hotel before! My husband gets up every morning at 5:30 to go to work. Well I hardly get any sleep at all! We had to go ask for a do not disturb sign since there wasn't one in our room and people stole ours twice, asked for another and nobody took it well at 10:40 the cleaning ladies beat on my door and kept beating on my door I did not open the door, I figured someone stole our sign again, well about 12 something they beat on my door again very loudly! I open the door and I see my do not disturb sign still on the door!!! I asked them why they are beating on my door when I clearly have this sign. They could not answer me, I told them that they need to learn to be respectful of people's privacy! The room we stayed in was 252, it was very big, king bed big tv but the bathroom would've been nice if the floor was cleaned! Had hair all in the floor and in the shower! Our sheets were nasty, had cigarette burns all over. Has the tiniest fridge I have ever seen! The microwave was disgusting! And our room was non smoking but It still smelled of smoke! The bar they have below was extremely loud. Heard music playing till 2 am or later! Doors slamming all night, could hear people yelling, someone was smoking pot!Very very unhappy! Will not stay here ever again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cumberland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed 3 nights because I commute to work and have long shifts nearby. Since I was working all Thanksgiving and Black Friday weekend, I preferred to get a room rather than fight the traffic every day. The night lady at the front counter was very friendly and the room was very reasonably priced for the services offered, free wi-fi, cable tv of course, microwave and refrigerator. The in house restaurant/bar has very good food at very good prices. The only complaints I really have is that the bath towels were a little small, but I can understand that from an economic standpoint since towel theft is pretty common these days. The door to the outside could stand having its locking bolt in my room replaced as its a little aged, but the area is a "decent neighborhood" I would say.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

at first my girlfriend and I were just going to stay a few nights to see harpers ferry then head up to new jersey to see my relatives and maybe atlantic city to play holdem but the weather got cold, relatives were tied up and we were unexpectedly surprised by this little hotel. It was outdated but charming and we ate at some wonderful restaurants in martinsburg then returned to our affordable home for a week. The staff was helpful and it even had a bar with pool tables and a restarant with food so it was great. Thanks to all that made it a positive experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manassas, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked this room last minute.. There wasn't anything available in places that I'd normally try, and I got a great rate. My children and I arrived late, and were almost placed into a smoking room, but it got corrected! Walking down to our room, it smelled very damp and old in the hallways. When we walked into the room, I was pleasantly surprised that the smell was not there, and the room looked adequate. As a habit, I too, pull sheets back and check the beds. I did not find anything thank goodness! But I can say that the sheets had numerous holes in them, like burn holes, and the pillows were stained. When I walked to check the second bed, I stepped on a WORM! It was laying in the floor right beside the bed. Ewwww. Other than that, no nasty surprises. The bathroom shower does not function properly, as even with the shower option turned all the way on, water pours out of the faucet and onto the floor! Breakfast was old looking and stale.. Overall not an awful stay, but unsure if I would risk it again..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Moundsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay every month at this hotel. The staff has always gone above and beyond to make me comfortable. The price is reasonable and anything I need is close by. I have never seen any bug of any kind in my room, my wife would kill me if I ever brought a bug home!! I have always enjoyed my stay at Rodeway Inn in Martinsburg, WV

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a family reunion in the area. We had 7 rooms. From the time we checked in til we checked out our stay was great. The staff was excellent. They made our stay a pleasure. As a habit we always check our rooms, especially the beds and the bathroom. The sheets and the bedding were very clean and the bathrooms were very clean also. We were very happy with the way our rooms looked. The downstairs rooms have a door that you can park outside of and a door into the hallway which makes it very convenient if you have a pet or a lot of luggage to carry. An added attraction was the pool and the Jacuzzi. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the Jacuzzi was very relaxing. You can also relax in the evening in their bar and grill. Another plus is that there are plenty of places to eat close to the hotel, most within walking distance. Grocery stores, Walgreens, and CVS are also close by. The price was reasonable and the best in the area. I don't know what some of these people are talking about but we had a great time. We will definitely stay here when we are in the area again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Carefree Inn? Share your experiences!