“Service is great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Martinsburg
Clarksburg, WV
“Service is great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a budget hotel, but it is kept extremely well. The staff is very friendly.
Everything in the room worked properly and the shower pressure was good.
The only negative comment I could make is that the beds were just too firm
for my liking. The breakfast in the morning consisted of donuts, waffles, oranges,
cereals and English muffins.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The motel was clean, the lobby was beatiful, the pool was great very clean, as was the hot tub! We got a smoking room with 2 queen size beds, didnt even smell like smoke when we got there! The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, bathroom was also very clean, and i must say, the staff was wonderful,
I loved it will definetly stay again soon!
Thank you Rodeway inn for such a great staff and motel!

Room Tip: Lower level rooms easy acess to pool and pool side rooms available!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tonawanda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Great place for the $$. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. We have been staying there at least twice a year in our trips north from Florida. Don't even look any where else. Debbie at the front desk is awesome!!

• Stayed August 2012
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I loved it here the pool was cold but it was very hot out so that helped and the bar which makes food is great the best food ever eat in ur room or at the bar either way this is a good place

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Saylorsburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The Holiday Inn, it is not. You *may* need to lower your standards when staying here...

The accomodations were sufficient, yes... but it was not the most comfortable stay. Between the stiff mattress and lumpy pillows, and the musty old furniture... and when we first arrived, I pulled back the comforter to be greeted by a spider running across the sheets. I am not so prissy to give much thought to that though, even the neatest home gets a spider now and then. But the quality of the linens/towels was fairly low... and in fact, they need to be replaced. There were a few dark stains on the side of the mattress/boxspring. Probably a spilled beverage *fingers crossed*.

The bathroom fan was so quiet, at first I didn't even know it was on. The shower head was affixed to the wall at a height equal to about the back of my head, so when turned on, the water hit me in the chest... had to assume a limbo position to rinse my hair... I don't recall how the water pressure was, but there was plenty of hot water.

The large picture window, at least in our second story room, did open - and there was no screen in it. Good warning for familes with children. Oh, also our room was very very muggy when we first entered (around 7:30 pm) and the AC on high only barely cooled it down by the time we returned at 11-12 that evening.

The free breakfast consisted of kids' sugary cereals (fruit loops, cocoa puffs, fruity pebbles) and maybe some corn flakes or something... there was only 2% milk. There were also frozen waffles and white bread and a toaster. Prepackaged muffins rounded out the breakfast. I don't think there was any fruit. My boyfriend said the orange juice was actually Tang (maybe).. I had coffee, as I don't like to start my day on starchy carbs and sugar. But hey, it was food, and it was my own fault if I went hungry.

The hotel's bar is a pirate theme... the bar itself like a ship. The drinks were strong (fine by me). Had a group of what were likely regulars hanging out. Bartender was friendly enough and helpful in answering our questions about hours, etc. We did not eat there though.

For $60, though... we got what we paid for, and it was not horribly awful or anything. It was enough for us to get showers and a night's rest. However, I can't bring myself to rate it "average" due to some of the shortcomings I've mentioned and an overall "run down" kind of feeling... but I will add, we had very pleasant service from the front desk, and had no trouble getting extra towels (there were three of us).

Room Tip: Second floor hazard - windows open, no screens. There are rooms which have windows interior to the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Alstead, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My wife, my son and I were coming home to New England after a week in Myrtle Beach. I had seen this motel in a google search and figured a I could not go wrong with a motel with an indoor pool, hot tub, and Free breakfast for around $50.00. I was mistaken, let me start off with the only positive thing about our stay was the women at the front desk was very friendly when I first walked in and checked in but that was where anything good ended. We hit some traffic in the afternoon so we got there around 9:30 and after a long day on the road I was looking forward to a swim and a quick soak in the hot tub. After walking from our room through a hallway that looked like it has not been vacuumed in a month we got to the pool area only to find the hot tub was closed and went for a swim in the pool which was about ten degrees colder than what it should have been. In the morning during checkout when I asked another woman about the hot tub she said there was a bunch of kids in there during the weekend and needed to be cleaned but in my opinion they had all day Sunday to clean it and could not bother to do it. The room had a nasty odor to it and the mattress was very uncomfortable and felt like it should have been replaced a long time ago. In the morning the breakfast consisted of some bagged pancakes, cereal, muffins, and some bread to toast. There was not any fruit, bagels, waffle makers, or Danishes like you find at most hotels or motels. I was not expecting a fancy room but I was at least expecting a clean room and a hot tub that worked and a heated pool. If you are looking for a cheap place to get a quick night's sleep and do not mind a dirty room and don't mind a train waking you up at 6 in the morning then stay here but I would suggest spending a few more dollars and getting a decent place to stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

got the last room, GOOD price, GREAT room!!good breakfast the next morning and friendly nice receptionist.... paid much more at other motels for much worse rooms..
thank you Rodeway!! and thanks to the Wyndam Reward operator who directed me and my hubby (with my Labrador) to this hotel..we were exhausted and the room was GREAT

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!