“Amazing and Awesome - The Quest Ends Here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Mountain Quest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
The Inn at Mountain Quest
303 Mountain Quest Lane, Marlinton, WV   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
st albans, wv
“Amazing and Awesome - The Quest Ends Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My 2 kids (12 & 15 ) and I were looking for a place to stay near Snowshoe and found this amazing and awesome retreat.

Barbara the Inn Keeper, David and Alex the owners and Andy the chief were all so nice and helpful. Great breakfast included !

The kids were so surprised and pleased with our stay in the African Safari room !

We already have another trip planned for the spring.

You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: African Safari - the best!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Yes, it's out in the middle of nowhere-- about 17 miles from Snowshoe ski resort but it's PERFECT!

Rooms are so clean and beautiful-- you're free to roam the property, game room, library, kitchen and grounds without feeling "awkward". My 6-year LOVED the game room, huge array of DVDs, snacks and of course the pac-man arcade! My husband loved the "integrity" beer bar-- just keep your own tab and pay for your beer at the end of your stay. We did nothing except relax, tour the farm, go skiing, and simply enjoy being together for quality time. I do suggest you bring any snacks/food because the nearest little mart (which only carries basic items) is about a 20 minute drive. We loved this place!!!

Room Tip: Bring food and snacks-- the inn has some but not a huge selection. The dinner (we paid for) was AMA...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Our wonderful experience started before we arrived. When I called for availability, the innkeeper very patiently described each room available, noting the views and features of each and helping me pick the one I would like the best. The rooms have different bed configurations, and each has a separate theme- safari, nautical, outer space, etc. The owners, David and his wife Alex are very welcoming, and your arrival always starts with a tour of the inside of the property. This is a place to unplug and relax. The inn has wifi, but you will not have cell service, which was nice, it led to a lot more interactions with people. The rooms have tv, but they only play DVDs from the inn's 500+ collection. There is a wonderful family room with plenty of low tech entertainment- pool table, fooz ball, Arcade games, and satellite tv. The library is amazing, over 26,000 books. Breakfast is delish, Alex's culinary trained son is the chef. Kid's and adults will love the farm tour, where you can feed and interact with the horses, llamas, goats, cats, sheep, cattle. There's 6 miles of hiking trails on the property, and nearby the Greenbrier river trail offers 26 miles of biking and hiking. This is a wonderful and unique property, you will have a great time!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wonderful, secluded inn. My husband and I travelled here from Pennsylvania with our 1 yr old. Was a lovely experience that we will never forget. The Inn is located about 20 minutes from marlinton and has beautiful mountainous vistas. We travelled in a snowstorm and arrived very late. The owner was still awake to greet us upon arrival. Very caring innkeepers who are passionate about their work and are very accommodating to your needs.
The room was cozy and clean. We stayed in the Rustic Retreat which allows pets. They even have a giant dog bed available if you bring your pet with you.
They had a pack and play set up for our baby, and many extra blankets and toys set out for him as well. Very thoughtful

Breakfast was wonderful. The other reviews had said that they speak alot about spirituality during breakfast. This isn't true. They are very intelligent people who are educated extensively in the areas of neuroscience and awareness, but in no way do they push it upon you.
This retreat can be all about you doing what you want, relaxing, enjoying the scenery, animals and surrounding activities on your own. No one will bother you.
If you are interested in their services, it is also available to you and we highly recommend it.
My husband and I did a meditation exercise called hemi-sync. Alex prepared us for the exercise, and provided us with an ipod download of a guided imagery exercise for us to do on our own in the room. We found it to be very relaxing and enjoyable. We left feeling rejuvinated and more in touch with our personal spirituality. I also did an exercise with Alex called Quick pulse which I highly recommend.

The farm tour was fantastic as well. They let you feed the animals and talk about each one individually. The baby loved it
Wonderful experience! Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Rustic Retreat great for pets. Has bunk beds and a Queen, so great for families
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff here are beyond welcoming and friendly. The room prices are great and for what you're getting, I'd even pay more. It's conveniently located near the ski lodge and other sites too. The views are spectacular; it's difficult not to wake up early just to watch the sunrise. My husband and I will be returning quite often and we'll probably bring the dog next time. It's a must see and stay!

• Stayed January 2014
Heath, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had not idea what to expect and were blown away by the experience. 14 private rooms each with a different theme had plenty of room and great accommodations. One room is dog friendly so book ahead and bring Fido. The main house has an extensive 2 story library, workout room with hot tub, pub and game room with big screen tv, pool table and miss pacman. There is an observation tower for star gazing, cafeteria, barns and farm animals and over 400 acres to roam. Mountain Quest is also conveniently located in the heart of Monongahela Forest hiking district. Highly recommend!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Beckley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Mountain Quest for the first time. I had family in for a funeral and this was the closest place to the homestead which is also in Frost. When I arrived I could not believe the setting. I got checked in and immediately fell in love with my room (The Rustic Retreat). I looked around a little and fell in love. After everyone returned we set outside with some friends and talked until well after Lights Out and no one seemed to care. Had a great nights sleep (given the circumstances) and what I woke up to in the morning I cannot put into words. I am very familiar with Pocahontas County and spend a lot of time there...but the serenity and solitude that awaited me in the morning is indescribable. My cousin and I took a walk early that morning, watched the deer, birds, and the fog slowly lift above the mountain as the sun came over the hill. What a way to clear your mind.
This was a perfect place to remove yourself from the hectic pace of normal life. Not being bothered by the cell phone ringing and having a hundred emails screaming at you daily was worth the trip if nothing else was (but it was!!). Having the opportunity to reconnect with nature and the gifts that God has given us was wonderful.
I do plan on going back and staying for a long weekend. While I didn't have the opportunity to participate in any activities on the farm this trip, I do plan to on the next trip and look forward to getting involved.
I cannot recommend this Inn enough. Especially if you are looking for a place to disconnect, unwind, and relax.

Room Tip: The rooms all have different bed configurations in them, so call and ask about them. There is someth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Inn at Mountain Quest? Share your experiences!