“Relaxing hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Mountain Quest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
The Inn at Mountain Quest
Ranked #1 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
Heath, Ohio
“Relaxing hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had not idea what to expect and were blown away by the experience. 14 private rooms each with a different theme had plenty of room and great accommodations. One room is dog friendly so book ahead and bring Fido. The main house has an extensive 2 story library, workout room with hot tub, pub and game room with big screen tv, pool table and miss pacman. There is an observation tower for star gazing, cafeteria, barns and farm animals and over 400 acres to roam. Mountain Quest is also conveniently located in the heart of Monongahela Forest hiking district. Highly recommend!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Beckley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Mountain Quest for the first time. I had family in for a funeral and this was the closest place to the homestead which is also in Frost. When I arrived I could not believe the setting. I got checked in and immediately fell in love with my room (The Rustic Retreat). I looked around a little and fell in love. After everyone returned we set outside with some friends and talked until well after Lights Out and no one seemed to care. Had a great nights sleep (given the circumstances) and what I woke up to in the morning I cannot put into words. I am very familiar with Pocahontas County and spend a lot of time there...but the serenity and solitude that awaited me in the morning is indescribable. My cousin and I took a walk early that morning, watched the deer, birds, and the fog slowly lift above the mountain as the sun came over the hill. What a way to clear your mind.
This was a perfect place to remove yourself from the hectic pace of normal life. Not being bothered by the cell phone ringing and having a hundred emails screaming at you daily was worth the trip if nothing else was (but it was!!). Having the opportunity to reconnect with nature and the gifts that God has given us was wonderful.
I do plan on going back and staying for a long weekend. While I didn't have the opportunity to participate in any activities on the farm this trip, I do plan to on the next trip and look forward to getting involved.
I cannot recommend this Inn enough. Especially if you are looking for a place to disconnect, unwind, and relax.

Room Tip: The rooms all have different bed configurations in them, so call and ask about them. There is someth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen! The property owners were very sweet and informative and very helpful as well! They went above and beyond! The rooms were fantastic, very clean. Love the idea of themed rooms! Spectacular views all around! We had an amazing time! Definately worth every penny! What a "gem" Mountain Quest truly is! We hope to return soon! Thanks so much!

• Stayed July 2013
Lexington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

It is rare to find a B&B where you are welcome with kids. But the Inn at Mountain Quest could not have been more welcoming to our family with our 5 and 3 year old boys in tow. The location is wonderful. Though located in the National Radio Quiet Zone, which does not allow for cell coverage, we found this to be a positive. More conversation and less staring at screens.

Of course a B&B is only as good as its hosts, and Alex and David are terrific. Alex met us upon arrival and gave us a personal tour of the grounds, including the massive library, game room and dining room. In the morning, David had our kids help with morning farm chores. Their story is inspiring and convinced me to buy one of their published books to read at home.

Pros:
Great for families with kids. There was plenty to keep our little ones occupied.
Great hosts that will really invite conversation and discussion.
The accommodations were all of the highest caliber.
The library. As other reviews have stated, it is better than most small town libraries.

Cons:
No cell service, if this is vitally important to you. Personally I enjoyed not having it (and I use my smartphone a LOT)

Room Tip: Don't miss the morning farm chores and tour with David and Alex.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were looking for some place special for our 45th anniversary and we certainly found it. The surroundings were beautiful. Our room was lovely, spacious, and very clean. The food was delicious. Our hosts were welcoming and very friendly. We even had some special time with Alex to relax and open our minds. We will certainly visit again.

Room Tip: The playhouse is a beautiful room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vinton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just echoing the previous excellent reviews... this place is wonderful! From the setting, to the keepers and managers of the inn, to the wonderful food, to the beautiful animals... everything was amazing! We stayed two nights as a family of five, and my daughters are already asking when we can go back to Mountain Quest and see the horses.

I am always hesitant to take my children to "inn" and "bed & breakfast" type places because the environment is not typically suited for children and/or large families, but I was assured that was not the case for the Inn at Mountain Quest. And boy were they right... the children (ages 10, 6, and 2) loved the place, and were made to feel right at home! There was plenty for the children to do, and not get in the way of (or bother) the other guests (couples/non-families) that were also staying in the inn.

We will certainly be returning!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

They have a sign that says "Come in Stangers and leave friends," and we certainly did. Alex, David and Andy have created a wonderful sanctuary where one can go to clear your head and lift your spirit. The staff of Mountain Quest went above and beyond. (We even had a special moment with Alex.) *Note to travelers: no cell service in nearly all of Pocahantas county and internet is not consistant. This is a place to unplug!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Mountain Quest? Share your experiences!