“Great place and hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Clark Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Old Clark Inn
702 Third Ave., Marlinton, WV 24954   |
Announcement
$55 for 1 person
Ranked #4 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
West Creek, New Jersey
“Great place and hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Old Clark Inn on a motorcycle trip. Nelson is a great host, always looking to set his guests up with great riding options. He recommended a nice day full of both fire roads and twisties. During our first trip Nelson and Andrea organized a backyard cookout for our group which was awesome. Nelson also helped our friend arrange for transport when his motorcycle broke down on the last day. I'll gladly stay here again whenever we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed overnight at Nelson & Andrea's Old Clark Inn to launch a 68 mile bike camping trip on the Greenbrier River Trail. The Inn is a nice old house, renovated and charming. I was immediately comfortable with the surroundings. In the fenced back yard there is a bike rack for 10 - 12 bikes - we had 6 and it wasn't a problem. We took a few top floor rooms with 2 single beds to a room and found them great for sleeping - comfortable and quiet. 2 shared bathrooms with shower on the 2nd floor were large and clean.
Andrea and Nelson welcomed us as if we were part of the family and we felt right at home. The breakfast room was well-stocked with muffins, fruit and yogurt, and plenty of coffee and tea. It's located in the center of town, two blocks away from the Food Store, Dorie's Restaurant (with homemade food and prices from the 1980's but don't be in a rush 'cause they aren't), and one block to the Greenbrier River Trail.
My hat's off to Andrea and Nelson for making a down-home B&B where you are comfortable and welcome...year after year. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: It's an old brick house on a quiet corner 1 block off Main Street. Rooms should all be quiet wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Amanda and Nelson are wonderful hosts at this vintage lodging. All the plumbing fixtures appear to have been recently updated and the beds provide for a very comfortable sleep. Rooms are a bit snug and A/C window units are noisy. But for the four nights of our stay on probably the warmest week of the year (80s in Marlinton), we mainly got by with the large paddle fan without the A/C each night. Marlinton is a small working town with many commercial establishments surrounding the inn. But nights during the week of our stay were quiet and we enjoyed relaxing on the large front porch in the early mornings and evenings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I spent a week at the Old Clark Inn on a bussiness trip. I was very pleased with the service I received. Because I would be leaving each morning before breakfast was put out, Andrea was nice enough to leave me a little basket of assorted breakfast items on the counter with my room number on it. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay at the Old Clark again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Harrisonburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our group of friends stayed at the Old Clark Inn with innkeepers Andrea & Nelson. What a find this place was! It was our fist stay in Marlington, WV. We had come to the area to complete a 50 mile ride along the Green Brier river trail and decided to try the Old Clark Inn. The innkeepers were knowledge and friendly. The price was very affordable. Our stay at this Old Clark Inn was the perfect compliment to an excellent trip.

Room Tip: All room were nice. Some have a private bath & cost a little more, other have a shared bath and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The inn was delightful! Great attention is given to details. The owners anticipate what their customers would want or need. The breakfast was delicious with a selection of fresh fruit, homemade scones, hard-boiled eggs and more. We were bicycling and appreciated the overnight storage area for our bicycles. It was great to relax on the front porch after a long bicycle ride.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was recently a guest at the Inn. This was my first stay at the Inn, so I did not know what to expect. The reviews are great, but you never know. Anyway, I really enjoyed my stay, even if only for one night. I was in a downstairs room with a private bath, the room and public areas are very clean and well maintained, and the owners are on site so you always have a helping hand in case it is needed. The town of Marlinton is not much, but it is in the middle of beautiful motorcycle riding country, so what the area lacks in activities it makes up with great riding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Old Clark Inn? Share your experiences!