“An Efficient, Friendly Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Clark Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Old Clark Inn
Save Saved
You added Old Clark Inn to your Saves list
702 Third Ave., Marlinton, WV 24954   |
Offers & Announcements
$5 Single Occupancy Room
Ranked #3 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
Raleigh
“An Efficient, Friendly Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Amanda and Nelson are wonderful hosts at this vintage lodging. All the plumbing fixtures appear to have been recently updated and the beds provide for a very comfortable sleep. Rooms are a bit snug and A/C window units are noisy. But for the four nights of our stay on probably the warmest week of the year (80s in Marlinton), we mainly got by with the large paddle fan without the A/C each night. Marlinton is a small working town with many commercial establishments surrounding the inn. But nights during the week of our stay were quiet and we enjoyed relaxing on the large front porch in the early mornings and evenings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I spent a week at the Old Clark Inn on a bussiness trip. I was very pleased with the service I received. Because I would be leaving each morning before breakfast was put out, Andrea was nice enough to leave me a little basket of assorted breakfast items on the counter with my room number on it. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay at the Old Clark again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Harrisonburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our group of friends stayed at the Old Clark Inn with innkeepers Andrea & Nelson. What a find this place was! It was our fist stay in Marlington, WV. We had come to the area to complete a 50 mile ride along the Green Brier river trail and decided to try the Old Clark Inn. The innkeepers were knowledge and friendly. The price was very affordable. Our stay at this Old Clark Inn was the perfect compliment to an excellent trip.

Room Tip: All room were nice. Some have a private bath & cost a little more, other have a shared bath and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The inn was delightful! Great attention is given to details. The owners anticipate what their customers would want or need. The breakfast was delicious with a selection of fresh fruit, homemade scones, hard-boiled eggs and more. We were bicycling and appreciated the overnight storage area for our bicycles. It was great to relax on the front porch after a long bicycle ride.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was recently a guest at the Inn. This was my first stay at the Inn, so I did not know what to expect. The reviews are great, but you never know. Anyway, I really enjoyed my stay, even if only for one night. I was in a downstairs room with a private bath, the room and public areas are very clean and well maintained, and the owners are on site so you always have a helping hand in case it is needed. The town of Marlinton is not much, but it is in the middle of beautiful motorcycle riding country, so what the area lacks in activities it makes up with great riding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Belvedere, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My fellow rider and I rolled into Marlinton late on a Sunday afternoon after a long day on our motorcycles. I had pulled up several places to stay in the area on my GPS. First one we went to was out of business. We rode to the next one. Old Clark Inn. While pondering it because we're weren't sure our budget would handle the cost of a B&B, a friendly lady rode up on her bicycle. We ask if she would recommend anywhere to stay in town. "Yes. Stay at my place. My name is Andrea." and she pointed to the Old Clark Inn. After being told the nightly rate we couldn't refuse her offer of a tour. By the time we stepped into the large comfortable parlor we were registered guests for one night. Three days later we were sad to say, "We really do have to go." Andrea & Nelson are wonderful hosts. They do everything possible to make their guests comfortable. Nelson was a wealth of information about great roads for motorcycles and I heard him giving great info to some bicycle riders that were guests also. I quickly found myself looking forward to heading back each evening for the fellowship with the other guests and the comfort of the rocking chair on the front porch. Covered motorcycle parking, quiet area, and restaurants are within walking distance. Rooms are cozy & clean and a great continental breakfast. Can't wait to get back to see our friends, Andrea & Nelson. When you go tell'em Tom & Steve said hello!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Really glad to discover this motorcycle get away. It's only about 3.5 hours ride from home which makes it perfect for a long weekend. A lot of places to see and things to do........or just ride the roads as they are almost perfect! Especially nice were the helpful little motorbike friendly touches like the availability of covered parking for bikes, air (tires), rags, etc., however there were many conveniences to appeal to all guests (wireless and guest computer). The in keepers were very helpful in providing personal advice on roads and restaurants that enabled us to get maximum enjoyment from our stay in the area. I'll definitely be back, just wish I'd found the place earlier in the year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Old Clark Inn? Share your experiences!