“Nice place with friendly customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Clark Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Old Clark Inn
Save Saved
You added Old Clark Inn to your Saves list
702 Third Ave., Marlinton, WV 24954   |
Announcement
Old Clark Inn turns 90!
Ranked #3 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
Pa
“Nice place with friendly customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I spent a week at the Old Clark Inn on a bussiness trip. I was very pleased with the service I received. Because I would be leaving each morning before breakfast was put out, Andrea was nice enough to leave me a little basket of assorted breakfast items on the counter with my room number on it. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay at the Old Clark again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Harrisonburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our group of friends stayed at the Old Clark Inn with innkeepers Andrea & Nelson. What a find this place was! It was our fist stay in Marlington, WV. We had come to the area to complete a 50 mile ride along the Green Brier river trail and decided to try the Old Clark Inn. The innkeepers were knowledge and friendly. The price was very affordable. Our stay at this Old Clark Inn was the perfect compliment to an excellent trip.

Room Tip: All room were nice. Some have a private bath & cost a little more, other have a shared bath and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The inn was delightful! Great attention is given to details. The owners anticipate what their customers would want or need. The breakfast was delicious with a selection of fresh fruit, homemade scones, hard-boiled eggs and more. We were bicycling and appreciated the overnight storage area for our bicycles. It was great to relax on the front porch after a long bicycle ride.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was recently a guest at the Inn. This was my first stay at the Inn, so I did not know what to expect. The reviews are great, but you never know. Anyway, I really enjoyed my stay, even if only for one night. I was in a downstairs room with a private bath, the room and public areas are very clean and well maintained, and the owners are on site so you always have a helping hand in case it is needed. The town of Marlinton is not much, but it is in the middle of beautiful motorcycle riding country, so what the area lacks in activities it makes up with great riding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Belvedere, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My fellow rider and I rolled into Marlinton late on a Sunday afternoon after a long day on our motorcycles. I had pulled up several places to stay in the area on my GPS. First one we went to was out of business. We rode to the next one. Old Clark Inn. While pondering it because we're weren't sure our budget would handle the cost of a B&B, a friendly lady rode up on her bicycle. We ask if she would recommend anywhere to stay in town. "Yes. Stay at my place. My name is Andrea." and she pointed to the Old Clark Inn. After being told the nightly rate we couldn't refuse her offer of a tour. By the time we stepped into the large comfortable parlor we were registered guests for one night. Three days later we were sad to say, "We really do have to go." Andrea & Nelson are wonderful hosts. They do everything possible to make their guests comfortable. Nelson was a wealth of information about great roads for motorcycles and I heard him giving great info to some bicycle riders that were guests also. I quickly found myself looking forward to heading back each evening for the fellowship with the other guests and the comfort of the rocking chair on the front porch. Covered motorcycle parking, quiet area, and restaurants are within walking distance. Rooms are cozy & clean and a great continental breakfast. Can't wait to get back to see our friends, Andrea & Nelson. When you go tell'em Tom & Steve said hello!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Really glad to discover this motorcycle get away. It's only about 3.5 hours ride from home which makes it perfect for a long weekend. A lot of places to see and things to do........or just ride the roads as they are almost perfect! Especially nice were the helpful little motorbike friendly touches like the availability of covered parking for bikes, air (tires), rags, etc., however there were many conveniences to appeal to all guests (wireless and guest computer). The in keepers were very helpful in providing personal advice on roads and restaurants that enabled us to get maximum enjoyment from our stay in the area. I'll definitely be back, just wish I'd found the place earlier in the year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Greenbriar Trail is only a few blocks away, which makes the Old Clark Inn the ideal place to stay for bicyclists. It's an easy ride to Cass for the scenic railroad, and then out and back to the south the next day. The Inn seems to be at least as popular with motorcyclists.

The location and price makes this a good value. The front porch is fine for having a glass of wine (the area is dry so bring your own) and meeting the other guests.

The only negative part of our stay was when we called about 9:30 at night to say we would be there about 10:00, and told that was when the office closed. Fortunately we were 5 minutes early, but we definitely had the impression that we would be out of luck if we were a minute late. I know the owners can't stay up all night waiting for guests to arrive, and maybe we could have checked in at 10:05, but that did add a little unnecessary stress.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
oldclarkinn, Owner at Old Clark Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
We do so appreciate this guest taking the time to write this favorable review about his stay with us. We would just like to highlight a couple things the reviewer commented on.
This is not a dry town or county. While it is true that the restaurants in closest proximity to the inn have opted not to serve alcohol, we do have a lounge, a liquor store and several shops that carry beer and wine all within the town limits.
While we regret any stress this guest may have experienced, the 10 pm deadline was established to ensure that guests retiring at a normal hour would not be disturbed by late arrivals. We make this policy very clear to everyone who makes a reservation and we are willing to lose a few reservations in order to ensure that the guests we have will have as good an experience as possible. Additionally, guests who have stayed with us before typically have no restrictions on arrival because they are already familiar with our layout and operation and therefore can enter with minimal disturbance. This is a very unique facility...for comfort, value and convenience you won’t get as much bang for your buck anywhere else...but if you require something beyond what we can offer then we are always happy to provide you with other lodging options so that you will fully enjoy your visit to the area. Our main priority is the comfort of our guests and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by our check-in policy.

Been to Old Clark Inn? Share your experiences!