“Nice people,nice rooms,great views and very homey.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Locust Hill Inn, Cabin & Pub

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Locust Hill Inn, Cabin & Pub
Route 39, Marlinton, WV 24954   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
Sandusky, Ohio
“Nice people,nice rooms,great views and very homey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I have stayed at Locust Hill on two occasions. Once for 4 months and this time for 6 months, due to temporary work in Marlinton. I chose to come back to Locust Hill/

I have stayed in all the B&B rooms as well as the cabin. I have found no mattresses to be uncomfortable or the rooms sparse! The rooms are fully stocked with fluffly robes and upscale bath & body products, full size, not mini's!!!

There is a hair dryer on the second floor landing, quite visible or just ask! The owner has a very dry sense of humor as I do, I guess the guests complaining didnt appreciate the humor.
The room keys are skeleton keys, available by request --- why --- they get stolen --- ever try replacing a skeleton key???

I have perfect cell phone coverage so untrue there is "NO" cell phone coverage. Depends on your carrier. Phone cards at the B&B are acceptable -- want the owner to pay for your phone calls?? And there is a phone -- quite visiable -- in the dining room.

Dave is a funny guy, guess some guests don't appreciate humor!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed at this bed and breakfast with my aunt in April 2010. The room was sparse with an uncomfortable bed and not even a hair dryer. The shower was less than spotless. But the main problem was with the owner. At first, he was reluctant to provide a key for our room, telling us if we had anything in our room that we were worried about, we needed to keep it in our car. Finally, he did provide a key. The room had no phone, and there is no cell phone reception in this area, so if you need to make a call, it will have to be at a pay phone in Marlinton. Overall, the owner was not hospitable and even apologized for being impolite to another guest at breakfast. The scenery outside the bed and breakfast was very beautiful, however. There are plenty of other bed and breakfasts in this area, and I would definitely try to stay at one of those if I visited this area again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
IzzyWV, owner at Locust Hill Inn, Cabin & Pub, responded to this review, May 3, 2010
We have cell phone service in Marlinton, AT&T works fine. If guests do not want to use the pay phone in town, they are more than welcome to use the house phone with a phone card. There is a phone in the dining room.

The hair dryer is on the second floor landing area for all to see and use! The rooms are furnished with antiques, fluffy robes & upscale amenities, such as soaps, lotions, shampoo/conditioner. Clean? We even check for lose hair!

We have had no complaints about the mattress so we asked the "housekeeper" to check to see if there was a pea under the mattress.

As far as locking your room. We don't even get trick or treaters --- but there are keys available. We don't keep them in the rooms, people steal them because they are also antiques.

I have a very dry sense of humor, some guests just don't get my humor some of the time! Guess I better smile as I say things that could be taken the "wrong way"
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Locust Hill during a recent getaway to visit the Cranberry Glades, Snowshoe, Hills of the Falls, Green Bank Observatory, and just to relax in the mountains. Locust Hill was the perfect choice and here's why:
-Dave and Paula are wonderful innkeepers. The best we've met.
-The breakfasts was great. Dinner and Massages were like icing on the cake!!
-Rooms were big. (BTW, attic room is really nice, don't skip it because of the location).
-Lots of open space to roam around and relax.
-Location is only a few minutes from Marlinton and the Greenbriar Rail Trail.
-Price for relaxation package is great value. I highly recommend you do the relaxation package.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Sanford, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Locust Hill while we biked the Greenbrier Trail end to end. The hosts offer a great bike package, including shuttle service, breakfast. They also have an onsite spa which is wonderful!! The view from the front porch in itself is worth the trip.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Locust Hill for 3 nights in October while biking the Greenbrier Trail. The room was comfortable and the host as very accommodating with a great sense of humor. The hostess was very reserved and hardly spoke to the guest which I found somewhat odd. A gorgorous house that has been renovated. The house sits up on a hill with a great view of the hillside and usually deer can be seen. We purchased the biking package which was great. It included an evening meal cooked by the host and it was excellant as were the breakfasts. The package also included bike shuttles for 2 days which were very useful so that we never had to backtrack on the trail. Also included was a 30 minute upper body massage which was a great way to end the trip and work out those biking sore muscles. Another couple we met there showed us the cabin that they rented on the same property and it was nice but would be very crowed for more than 2. The only complaint was that nobody ever came to check or wipe down our bathroom during our stay. A minor thing that will not keep us from recommending this B&B.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Locust Hill Inn, Cabin & Pub? Share your experiences!