“Beautiful Area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jerico Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Jerico Bed & Breakfast
You added Jerico Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Jerico Road 19, Marlinton, WV 24954   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Marlinton B&B and Inns
Grove City, Ohio
“Beautiful Area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I'm struggling with my review of this place. They are pre civil war cabins! If you are expecting them to compare with a 5 star hotel, you will be disappointed. If you compare them with other rustic cabins, you will be pleased. We stayed in Patton cabin. The kitchen and bathroom were tiny but very clean and we found everything we needed to cook for 2. The dark cabin bedroom interior was ALWAYS dark... even with all the lights on. It also had a black comforter and black sheets. We slept with the door open, but the screen door didn't fit well so we plugged the space with a blanket. The porch was wonderful and we spent most of our time there on the porch swing. The scenery is beautiful, the people are friendly and there is much to do in the area. We rode bikes on the Greenbrier River Bike Trail and hiked in both Monongahela Forest and Watoga State Park - where we saw a bear! The town of Marlinton is about a mile away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sayville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband & I (along with our pup) just returned home from our stay at the Jerico pre-Civil War cabins. The cabin, Milroy, was immaculate and was well stocked with pots, dishes, silverware, glasses and every necessary kitchen appliance, including a gas grill. There is a brook that runs outside the cabin that lulled us to sleep at night and provided the ideal background sounds as we went about our day on the porch or in the cabin.
The owners, Lindie & Tom, are the perfect inn-keepers: friendly, conscientious, and they keep the entire property spotless. We loved our visit and highly recommend the cabins ... I'm sure the B&B rooms are ideal, as well. Also, the rates are an unbeatable value!
We were there to tour the Cass RR & it was a short, scenic drive (@20 mins.) from the cabin.
All in all, my husband and I agree this was the most restful and enjoyable vacation we've had in years.
Thanks Lindie & Tom -- you & your place are the best!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We've stayed here year after year on our annual trip to Pocahantas County, There are so many attractions in Pocahontas County but we leave ample time to just sit here, read, walk the grounds, and relax in this lovely and peaceful place. The cabins are very attractive and have everything we need to be comfortable, and more, The Jerico is our ""Almost Heaven, West Virginia" home-away-from- home.

Room Tip: The Jerico website has pictures and excellent descriptions of each cabin.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I recently took a weekend ski trip to Snowshoe mountain and decided to stay at the Jerico B&B. We rented a lovely room in the Inn, which is only a 30 minute drive away from the slopes. For a less expensive lodging alternative, The Jerico turned into an ideal getaway. We awoke each morning to a wonderful breakfast that was prepared individually, no sloppy continental or buffet here. The staff was gracious and the room was comfortable and cozy during the icy winter nights. I might add that those evenings lounging in the hot tub listening to the rushing stream was the best way to unwind after a hard day on the slopes and truly appreciate the picturesque setting of the fresh fallen snow. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone wishing to get away from the sounds of the resort and enjoy the uniqueness that the Jerico offers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
La Plata, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at the Rebel cabin... All I can say is WOW!
It was romantic, secluded, beautiful and romantic. This cabin has so much character that we spent the first hour taking in every grain and nook.

I can't remember getting a better nights sleep away from home. The private hot tub was fabulous and the staff very curtious. We stayed the first weekend in October.

The rebel cabin has a very steep driveway so it helps if you have a 4x4 especially in the winter...

We loved it so much we are going back in February.
We thought it would be very appropriate if every couple who stayed here found something to add to the decor that was fitting.

We now consider this to be our home away from home

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My mom and I stayed in a cabin here during the Roadkill fest. Very comfortable cabin. We were in the one closest to the house. We brought our dogs, and they loved it. The cabin is in walking distance to the town, maybe a 10 minute jaunt. Beautiful grounds and very affordable. Totally recommend.

Room Tip: Our cabin did not have a jacuzzi but we had access to the houses.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The couple who own this place are both great people. They are pleasant and friendly, and work hard. I stayed in the main house, which is a B&B, even though I prefer larger motel size rooms. I did it because I stayed last year, fell in love with the house and its surroundings. My impression of the cabins are that they are good places to stay too, all of them look great and well built. The host built them himself over the years. The only drawback for me was that they all have hot tubs (great for couples and families), and so the rentals are more than I would want to pay as a single person, but probably not for most people. If you want to get away from it all and get some really good down time, in the scenic beauty of West Virginia's mountains, I highly recommend you try this place at least once. Cozy, quaint, quiet, peaceful. It's here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jerico Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!