“Decent place, nice people” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marlinton Motor Inn Motel

Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
You added Marlinton Motor Inn Motel to your Saves list
Elk Route, Marlinton, WV 24954   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marlinton
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Decent place, nice people”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was decent. It is outdated looking but everything worked and everything was clean.
The free wi-fi is only in a little room behind the office, but they are more than happy for you to use it.
We used this hotel as a base for skiing at Snowshoe and it was a much cheaper alternative to staying on the mountain.

We'll stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St. Albans WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a cheap last minute booking for one night after skiing at Snowshoe which is about 20 miles away. For the most part, the room and furnishings are just old or old looking. Outdated, worn out bathroom as well. I'm sure they clean the rooms daily but because of age it looks dingy. Never saw any bugs or anything of that nature. Staff is friendly. Restaurant and lounge on-site. Although it was closed and not filled, the swimming pool looks new. Basically, if you want cheap accommodations that are close to Snowshoe Mountain and you're not at all picky, this place will do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
South Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just stayed here for two nights because the cabin we rented at Watoga state park had snakes in it. Yes as soon as we got our cabin we killed 2 poisonous snakes coming out of the fireplace so we got the hell out. They recommended the marlinton Motor Inn, so we went. Check in went smooth and fast. The rooms were surprisingly clean and smelled fresh. People complain about dim lighting but I didn't find that to be a problem with about 5 different lighting options in the room. The walls are made of wood (cabin feel) so maybe thats why they complain about the lighting I don't know but not a problem for us, was lit very well. Bathroom was clean and updated. Our kids swam in the very large and fun shaped swimming pool. The staff was courteous with information about local places etc. The parking lot and grounds were exceptionally clean, not a cigarette butt on the ground anywhere. The restaurant and lounge was clean and comfortable but the food was average at best. Nothing homemade here and they must buy the bottom of the totem pole food from their distributor. Dinner was $100 for 4 adults and 2 toddlers. We tried breakfast it was a little better (hard to screw up omelets) although pricey for $8 omelets. I suggest eating on down the road unless your used to tv dinner fare. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back 300 section.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Eighty Four, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were on a motorcycle trip and hit some nasty weather including hail. No fun. We arrived at the Marlinton and they couldn't have been nicer. Since almost all the clothes we had in our bags were soaked they let us use their clothes dryer while we ate dinner. Dinner was good and waitress was very friendly. Room was clean as was bathroom/shower. They even let us park our bikes under the cover of the porch outside our room to get them out of the storms that came through over night. Pool looked nice and clean even though we didn't get to use it. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: We had the last room on the left side. 110 I think it was.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The one bad thing that I found was no wi-fi. Was still surprised at the overall experience

• Stayed May 2012
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were going to take the VP of operations for me of our largest accounts on a motorcycle ride in the Marlinton area on the weekend of May 8th. After reading a few of the reviews I became a little concerned but went ahead and booked MMI anyway.

Everything went very well. We arrived after midnight our first night and were treated well at checkin. The rooms were very clean and in order. Beds slept fine. There were two bulbs out ;-) but 8 other working bulbs in the room so we had plenty of light.

The next morning we had an xlnt country breakfast in the restaurant with the waitress being very friendly andhelpful, we enjoyed "cutting up"with her...both days.

One of our group had a minor emergency on our last day and we ended up checking our at about 7 Pm rather than staying. At checkout the eek employee offered to give us a partial credit for the night. We did not ask for this but gratefully accepted. This was a very nice gesture on their part and one I rarely have received elsewhere.

Our experience at the MMI was very good and a heckuva bargain. Everyone was very pleasant snd helpful an our rooms were quite clean.I have booked a second stay in two weeks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my boyfriend and to say we felt uneasy is an understatement! First, our room did not have any clocks in it and as soon as we made it inside, it felt a little "off" if that makes sense. Second, as we went outside to smoke, we kept seeing this strange bright light in the distance.... not necessarily anything to do with the motel, but it didn't help with the nervous feeling we both had. Then, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I saw something like a black mass standing in the corner but shrugged it off because I was sleepy. The next morning as we were leaving, my boyfriend proceeds to tell me (without knowing what I saw) that he woke up a couple of times to what felt like someone breathing down his neck! He also said he saw a black mass but didn't wake me up because he didn't want to scare me. FREAKY!

In the morning, we packed and got out of there pretty quickly. I love visiting the town of Marlinton but this was the first time we've ever stayed overnight. If we stay again, I can assure you it will NOT be at the Marlinton Motor Inn!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marlinton Motor Inn Motel? Share your experiences!