“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marlinton Motor Inn Motel

Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marlinton
Marlinton Motor Inn Motel
Elk Route, Marlinton, WV 24954   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Marlinton
Eighty Four, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were on a motorcycle trip and hit some nasty weather including hail. No fun. We arrived at the Marlinton and they couldn't have been nicer. Since almost all the clothes we had in our bags were soaked they let us use their clothes dryer while we ate dinner. Dinner was good and waitress was very friendly. Room was clean as was bathroom/shower. They even let us park our bikes under the cover of the porch outside our room to get them out of the storms that came through over night. Pool looked nice and clean even though we didn't get to use it. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay there again if in the area.

Room Tip: We had the last room on the left side. 110 I think it was.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The one bad thing that I found was no wi-fi. Was still surprised at the overall experience

• Stayed May 2012
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were going to take the VP of operations for me of our largest accounts on a motorcycle ride in the Marlinton area on the weekend of May 8th. After reading a few of the reviews I became a little concerned but went ahead and booked MMI anyway.

Everything went very well. We arrived after midnight our first night and were treated well at checkin. The rooms were very clean and in order. Beds slept fine. There were two bulbs out ;-) but 8 other working bulbs in the room so we had plenty of light.

The next morning we had an xlnt country breakfast in the restaurant with the waitress being very friendly andhelpful, we enjoyed "cutting up"with her...both days.

One of our group had a minor emergency on our last day and we ended up checking our at about 7 Pm rather than staying. At checkout the eek employee offered to give us a partial credit for the night. We did not ask for this but gratefully accepted. This was a very nice gesture on their part and one I rarely have received elsewhere.

Our experience at the MMI was very good and a heckuva bargain. Everyone was very pleasant snd helpful an our rooms were quite clean.I have booked a second stay in two weeks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my boyfriend and to say we felt uneasy is an understatement! First, our room did not have any clocks in it and as soon as we made it inside, it felt a little "off" if that makes sense. Second, as we went outside to smoke, we kept seeing this strange bright light in the distance.... not necessarily anything to do with the motel, but it didn't help with the nervous feeling we both had. Then, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I saw something like a black mass standing in the corner but shrugged it off because I was sleepy. The next morning as we were leaving, my boyfriend proceeds to tell me (without knowing what I saw) that he woke up a couple of times to what felt like someone breathing down his neck! He also said he saw a black mass but didn't wake me up because he didn't want to scare me. FREAKY!

In the morning, we packed and got out of there pretty quickly. I love visiting the town of Marlinton but this was the first time we've ever stayed overnight. If we stay again, I can assure you it will NOT be at the Marlinton Motor Inn!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

In June we stayed here because they allowed pets. Big mistake. The lighting was so poor that I purchased brighter bulbs so I could read. When we left I gave the bulbs to a biker couple that had similar complaints. Place was NOT clean.
In Octtober we revisited the area. We made other arrangements.

• Stayed June 2011
Morgantown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and I like having a coffee pot and coffee available in the room because that's the first thing we want to do when we wake up: relax in bed for a while with a cup of coffee. It's important to us. So, I rose and put on the coffee, but it didn't work. Nothing. Tried the switch, tried two other sockets. No. So, I called the front desk and the woman seemed unconcerned about my need for coffee. She just noted the problem. I was waiting for a "Well just come down to the restaurant and get a couple cups on us." Nothing. So, as I was checking out I mentioned the problem again. She said, "Yeah, I'm the person you talked to on the phone." If she had offered a couple cups of free coffee for the road, I wouldn't be writing this review. Also, the room had a loud heater that rattled.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

This place was fine for a very basic motel-- a blast-from-the-past of a
place, circa 1965. It is about the only motel in this excellent town for all-season
outdoor fun, though there are several very nice-looking Bed and Breakfast places in (or
very near) town as an alternative. I did a very careful bedbug check and found no
evidence in my room. There was a couple in the adjoining room with a dog, but I
never heard them. The room was clean, simple. BTW, eat in downtown Marlinton @ the
Dirt Bean--fabulous food and cool atmosphere, & no other good alternative nearby
except the restaurant at Watoga State Park..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Marlinton Motor Inn Motel? Share your experiences!