“Unbelievably amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Unbelievably amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is the 3rd time we have been caving and nothing has ever compared to our experience. If you want the experience of feeling of an explorer, exploring an uncharted caves this is for you. The 3 guides lead us through muddy twisting thinny caves and it was a blast. This is a family operation where the owner talks to each customer to insure you had a fabulous time. It was worth a 500 mile detour we took to go.

Limerick, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“An oasis in the Greenbrier Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've been to other caves, so when I made the 2-hour drive from Charleston to Lost River Caverns I didn't know if it would be worthwhile. It was. The setting is somewhat surreal; if you're lucky you can see horses on the farm adjacent to the cavern property. The entrance road is a throwback to rural West Virginia--it is a gravel road about 3/4 mile long. But it is drivable and passable, so no need to worry about your car.

Unlike a good many cave tours, this one is self-guided. The on-duty staffer will give you a cue sheet and a flashlight when you pay for your tour. After that you're on your own. My favorite display is what they call Ice Cream Falls or something like that. If you use your imagination that's exactly what it looks like. In the Gift Shop they have several corny novelties, including a Hillbilly Cell Phone. Hey, it's the truth.

Your Road Atlas or GPS will tell you the caverns are located north of I-64 at Lewisburg, which is correct. However, the directional signs on the off-ramps at Exit 169 will tell you to turn south on US 219 and follow the signs because it is several miles shorter that way. They do not sell any meal food there but there are a good many dining establishments nearby, especially near the Interstate interchange.

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Unique adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My great nieces (ages 17 and 15) and I just returned from our trip through West Virginia, and Lost World Caverns was definitely the highlight of our trip! Kyle was our tour guide for the four-hour exploration, and we couldn't have been paired with a more competent person. He was funny, encouraging, and knowledgable. We absolutely loved the personal challenges and the memories made! They provided us with helmets, gloves, and the much needed kneepads. They also have some left-behind boots if you stop by on a whim. Towels, shampoo, and soap are provided for the showers. Lunch afterwards was delicious and plentiful. Can't say enough positives about this experience and the staff!

Bluffton, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Definitely a fun trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had some time to kill so we headed to the caverns (recommendation from my 9 year old nephew). My 5 year old son LOVED it! The average self guided tour is 45 minutes and we were definitely in there about 1 1/2 hours. We explored everything. Both boys had a great time!

I will say this, I am in good shape so it wasn't an issue, but there are quite a few stairs, some slippery. I would caution anyone with walking issues to be very weary about this trip.

Cape Coral, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“The Lost World Caverns Rocked!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed exploring the Lost World Caverns. You may want to use the website directions to get there because our GPS took us to a dead end. Also, the cave stays a constant 52 degrees so a light jacket may be in order. The trek around the cavern only took us about 25 minutes with a 4 year old. The experience was a great value and should be easy to fit in an abbreviated schedule.