“Great caverns” 5 of 5 stars

94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 453 helpful votes
“Great caverns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been to most of the show caverns in Virginia and none of them were self guided. I loved the fact that this one in West Virginia is self guided because you get to go at your own pace and explore on your own. You really do feel like you are an explorer. Because it is self guided, you do not get the history of the caverns (when it was found, the name, etc.), but you can ask the people in the gift shop. The caverns are small and it was wet and slippery in some parts (my pants got really dirty). You can actually rappel into the caverns (call for details). It should not take you more than an hour in the caves and a few minutes to look around the gift shop. The caverns are not wheelchair or stroller friendly. The women's rest rooms were spotless. The gift shop has many unique items at reasonable prices. The admission price of $12 is very good and they give a AAA 10% discount. There are also two alpacas in a fenced in front yard and several well behaved dogs around the property.

Only negative: The road to get to the caverns is a typical West Virginia back road (hard to find, long, twisty, full of pits, and unpaved).

“BEST ADVENTURE YET”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had a blast, sights are amazing tour guides rock!!!! Steve was great love seeing the beautiful sights that most people don't get to. If your thinking about going don't think just go I promise you will have a blast.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“So fun, so adventurous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I've been to a few caves before, but this has been the most exciting trip! Beautiful and crazy features, and the guides are fun and knowledgeable! Definitely recommend this to everyone. To do more than just the walk around experience does take strength and some conquering of fears, but still good for anyone looking for an adventure!

Shenandoah, Virginia
“It's heaven underground !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've been going to lost world for 9 years and would recommend this cave over any other cave I've ever been in and I've been in a lot of caves, the staff is amazing and very personable and I have grown very fond of them!! If you are looking for something to cross off of your bucket list look no further than lost world caverns !!! I love it so much that my husband and I renewed our wedding vows in the cave then took our wedding party the rest of the way through a wild cave tour !!! Steve Charlton makes this trip the most amazing experience for everyone I have ever brought with me each year and it's the one trip you should plan while in West Virginia !!! I promise... You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !!!

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Best Spelunking in West Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Lost World Cavers was not my first wild caving trip, but tops all of my previous trips by far. Not only are the caves beautiful and a ton of fun to explore, the guides and owners are knowledgeable and always willing to take the extra step to ensure a more fun experience. I can't wait to return with others and introduce them to the adventure.