“It's heaven underground !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Attraction Details
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Shenandoah, Virginia
“It's heaven underground !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to lost world for 9 years and would recommend this cave over any other cave I've ever been in and I've been in a lot of caves, the staff is amazing and very personable and I have grown very fond of them!! If you are looking for something to cross off of your bucket list look no further than lost world caverns !!! I love it so much that my husband and I renewed our wedding vows in the cave then took our wedding party the rest of the way through a wild cave tour !!! Steve Charlton makes this trip the most amazing experience for everyone I have ever brought with me each year and it's the one trip you should plan while in West Virginia !!! I promise... You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !!!

Visited April 2014

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Best Spelunking in West Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Lost World Cavers was not my first wild caving trip, but tops all of my previous trips by far. Not only are the caves beautiful and a ton of fun to explore, the guides and owners are knowledgeable and always willing to take the extra step to ensure a more fun experience. I can't wait to return with others and introduce them to the adventure.

Visited April 2014
Statesville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Really Cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I loved the people who own this place. They are knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. The caverns are amazing wonders and I took some great photos.

It is a cave so it is cold and damp. Remember to dress appropriately and wear tennis shoes (or something with soft rubber soles).

Visited January 2014
Wapakoneta, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
“Are there 2 Lost World Caverns in Lewisburg?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped at this caverns on our way to the Greenbrier for Christmas. It received excellent reviews, plus we were looking to kill a few hours before checking in. I don't get all the 5 star reviews its receiving. It's a caverns, yes. But I'm not sure it's a 5 star caverns. I'm not an archeologist or anything, but I've been in my share of caves and caverns: Ohio caverns, Lost Sea in Sweetwater, TN, Diamond Caverns, Mammoth Caves, Crystal Caverns, Perry's Cave, etc. I would rate any and all of those higher than this one. There was no tour guide as you would usually expect at a cavern. We were handed a piece of paper that mentioned some of the things we would see, given a flashlight, and told to enjoy ourselves. It was a rainy day, and a lot of the paths were underwater. So much so that we carried our children through parts so their shoes wouldn't get soaked. We learned nothing, which, beside the visual awe of the caverns, is what you hope to gain by paying to go through one - a little information and knowledge about what formed them, when they were discovered, what they were used for originally, etc. With no tour guide, our arms full of children, a spec sheet and a flashlight, we traipsed through, took a few pictures of something we didn't know what it was, and headed back into the gift shop. The owner's dog kept jumping up on us with muddy paws (due to the aforementioned rain) and the owner's did nothing to stop him from it. We left disappointed.

Visited December 2013
Oviedo, Florida
“One of our family outings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were quite fascinated to see these caverns. It made it possible to see the cavernssince they were so close to where we stayed. It was nice to visit and the entire family was mesmerized.

Visited January 2014