“Fresh, fresh, fresh” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fresh, fresh, fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

The food here is always fresh and local and though the restaurant is on the loud side, don't let that scare you away. Stay and have some of the best farm to table food on the east coast!

“Interesting menu; expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Decided to pull of the interstate and have a local meal versus stopping at a franchise restaurant. Selected Stardust. This isn't a quick stop, which probably was more of what we were looking for. I had their soup of the day and my son had a hamburger. Both were good, but our meal was over $20. The soup ended up being about $9 just for that. Pretty expensive bowl of soup. Glad that I liked it. Appeared to be more of a local hangout and more of a dinner place. Food was good.

Fairmont, WV
“Farm to table theme - local restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Menu was interesting; food was very good; service was great. However, the acoustics in the restaurant aren't good and it was VERY LOUD when we were there for dinner. We thought the food was a bit pricey when we were there for lunch.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I took my wife there for her 40th birthday and a night away from the kids. we are big fans of small, independent restaurants that are outside the main stream (Outback is fine, but I can eat there anytime). she had the chicken served over a bed of spinach, and other stuff (should have taken notes) and it was excellent. we spend a week in the OBX every summer and have tried nearly every restaurant there. This was better. I can honestly say I will make a 2 hour drive to return. I had the Natural Juicy Burger. (really? nice place like this and you order the burger?) it was outstanding! Besides, it was the 1st item listed on the dinner menu, this is a dinner burger, they expect you to order this burger and they feel like it is good enough to be listed with the other great dishes they offer. This burger is made with locally raised beef and topped with local bacon and cheese. Not just a couple strips of bacon, they take several pieces of thick sliced bacon, chop it up and place a mound of it on the burger and then melt the cheese over it. They serve it up on a fresh semolina bun and BAM! one of the top 5 burgers I've ever had. (I've eaten my share of burgers) The only recommendation I have is give me something other than tortilla chips as a side, but I really didn't need anything to make the burger any better.
choose this place, you'll be very happy you did.

Moneta, Virginia
“Special Evening Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stardust Cafe is a very lovely and quaint restaurant in the Lewisburg, WV historic district and within walking distance of the General Lewis Inn. We were immediately greeted upon our arrival by Destiny, the owner, and seated promptly even though we were 45 minutes early. The wait staff attended to our table immediately and the service throughout the evening was very good. The food was excellent along with the presentation and was prepared and seasoned very well. The restaurant itself was quaint and all the guests and staff were very friendly as if we had know them all for years. I would highly recommend this semi-casual cafe to anyone visiting the Lewisburg Historic District. It is only about 15 minutes from the Greenbrier as a couple of the dining guests we spoke with were staying at the Greenbrier.

• Visited August 2014