“A unique place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Chatham, IL
“A unique place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Once you get past a level of perceived pretentiousness, the food is quite good. We sat at the bar because it was so crowded. Very impressed with the quality of ingredients and the overall freshness of what we were eating. If you want prepared super quick food, go elsewhere. But if you want food that is made especially for you using real ingredients, go here. I had the hamburger and it was great. My wife had a Topanga Salad, which she raved about. My son had a pretty good grilled cheese and just devoured it. Good place and would go back again if ever in the area.

dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for recognizing our efforts to make this a wonderful experience! We appreciate your taking the time to share this review!

85% Recommend
“Fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had lunch at the Stardust Cafe. We all got the naked burger, and it was wonderful! Served with a really fresh salad which we all enjoyed. My only complaint-the nonexistent kids menu. They offered a grilled cheese with provolone (12 year old got, but not appealing to my 10 year old) or chicken and rice. She ended up with a salad with chicken, and oil and vinegar. That would be my only suggestion. Desserts were awesome, we had carrot cake, birthday cake, and the lemon tart.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for publicly recognizing our huge efforts to make your experience at our restaurant, a wonderful one. We look forward to seeing you again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Local and Cooked Fresh - What a DELIGHT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

During one of our VIPP routes, we stopped by this place on a Friday evening. We did not make reservations (which I would now recommend), but the hostess (assuming she was also the owner) was very accommodating, and luckily, we had entered the restaurant during a slower time - so, we were seated in less than 5 minutes. The soft-blue color scheme and "cosmic" atmosphere is the perfect setup for a great evening meal and conversation. Would recommend dressing up a little ;)

Here is the breakdown of our meal:
Three slices of bread with balsamic and olive oil.
Salad with each entree.
Appetizer: The Mediterranean
My meal: Spinach nested chicken (replaced the spinach with zucchini) and lime/lemon soda
His meal: Curried chicken and mandarin orange Italian soda
Dessert: a slice of Chocolate Almond Torte, a slice of Guinness cake

We LOVED every plate! Everything was perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned, and perfectly portioned.

All under $80 and cooked fresh the moment you order.

Can't beat it! HIGHLY recommend.

dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience; we work hard to excel and your recognition means the world to us..come again!
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Delicious Dinner in Lewisburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We first visited the Stardust Cafe four years ago during our stay at The Greenbrier. Fast forward to May 2014 and we decided to spend four days at The Greenbrier for Mother's Day. We loved the Stardust so much we knew we had to go back.

We drove into town on a rainy Friday night and were greeted with a smile. The restaurant was as lovely and quaint as ever. The decor, music, and ambiance reminds me of a Parisian cafe. The prices are very reasonable and the service was fantastic. But the star (no pun intended) once again was the food.

We started with Sashimi Tuna on baguette with rock salt, olive oil, and lemon. The tuna was fresh and the lemon and rock salt were a perfect touch. HIGHLY recommended! For dinner I ordered Pasta La Terra, which was recommended to me by the waitress. I enjoyed it but it was probably my least favorite dish of the night...just a bit too salty for my taste (and I normally love salt!) My dining companions ordered the Curried Chicken and Argentinian Grilled Chicken Chimichurri which were both delicious. For dessert we had the most amazing Lemon Tart and their 'Birthday Cake.'

All in all I would highly recommend visiting the Starlight Cafe if you're in White Sulphur Springs or Lewisburg...such a lovely experience!

dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are so happy you enjoyed your experience and we thank you for taking the time to share this with the world. This means a lot to us!
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Small restaurant with a big appeal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

While we were looking for a pizza restaurant, the one we wanted to go was closed on Sat evening (I know, difficult to believe) so we headed back to town to try the Stardust Cafe. First impressions are it is a small place with the chef cooking at the front window. Lasting impressions were how good the food/service/drinks were. So glad we were able to enjoy this restaurant for dinner and they were able to accommodate us without a reservation (couldn't believe I needed one, but I can now understand why you want to make one). All I can say is if you are in Lewisburg, WV for lunch or dinner, definitely try this place. There is no question they care about the food. Atmosphere is fun.

dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Many thanks! You have given us our truest reward by sharing your experience!