“Mixed reaction” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Mixed reaction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Décor is chic but being so small with no carpet or window treatments to absorb the sounds, I found it quite noisy. The food was delicious but pricey for the amount we got. When the bill was presented the waitress apologetically informed me that the internet was down & they couldn't accept credit cards. I don't carry large amounts of cash & the bill was quite higher than I expected so I had to go out to an ATM to secure more cash. The ATM was about a block away, but not being my bank, I incurred an extra charge on an already high bill. An apology was given but a discount or free dessert or something would have been welcome. I don't expect to be in Lewisburg again, but if I would be I would think twice about returning to Stardust.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Reston, Virginia
“I'd move back to WV for this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I lived in Lewisburg for a little over a year - this was our favorite part of the state! Our servers consistently were knowledgeable and passionate about the menu and bar offerings explaining items in mouth watering detail. Several times we ate there and declared it was the best meal we'd ever had. The restaurant oozes character and warmth and while their lunch offering is okay their dinner options or fabulous! They source local ingredients and make each dish with love. We brought our NY friends with us for a meal one night and eve then were blown away.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nellysford, Virginia
“Great food in an intimate friendly locale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recommended by friends, and one of the few restaurants open Monday for dinner, the thoughtfully procured and prepared dishes did not disappoint! The welcoming and competent waitress informed us that the menu was new and made recommendations. My husband, who almost always orders tuna, ordered the Sashimi Tuna entree and pronounced it one of the very best hes's ever eaten anywhere, a delicious combination of flavors with the tuna perfectly grilled, just seared on the outside. My Pasta La Terra was also excellent and flawlessly prepared, juicy chicken breast abed fresh grilled spinach and high quality noodles topped with a a full-flavored and not too heavy parmesan alfredo sauce. We shared a crisply fresh salad as our appetizer, and they thoughtfully split it before serving. The portions were generous, so sadly we had no room for one of the scrumptious-sounding desserts. Next time we go to Lewisburg, we'll be dining at the Stardust Cafe!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great presentation, great breads and desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

REally liked this trendy little restaurant with micro greens, fresh artisan breads, and out of the world desserts, all served up as 3-D art. The service was pretty fast on this particular evening, despite a full house. Other times, you might have to wait a bit, but there's a neat antique shop next door.

Visited November 2012
Kentucky
“It wasn't worth the wait........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have always enjoyed Stardust Cafe but based upon our experience Saturday evening, something is out of step there.

Although I had called earlier in the week and was assured a table in the front of the restaurant, the person who met us at the door was planning to take us to the middle of the restaurant until I asked her to seat us at the open table in the front. Apparently no note of my request on the reservation. She was not happy.

We were seated and proceeded to review the menu and make our selections. The Veggie Marinara was not available that evening because the zucchini was not appropriate for the dish. We substituted pasta and thought all was good.

No, the waitress returned and advised one of our guests that her item (salmon) was not available that evening. (why were these items even on the menu?)

We ordered our entrees, no appetizers, and a bowl of soup.

We arrived at 7:10, and the soup didn't arrive at our table for at least an hour we placed our order. No apologies, nothing. Then the waitress brought salads, which none of us were even aware came with our meal, and there was no opportunity to select a dressing.

The entrees were OK - really nothing great. The pasta had a lot of water on it and the grilled vegetables were sparse and without flavor. Unfortunately, 3 of us were served this dish. We should have stayed home - ours would have been better.

The entire meal really lacked, and the dessert selections were not inspiring. Cheesecake and a couple of others. We ordered coffee because it was always delicious, but no, it wasn't anything great either.

I don't know what's going on, but this used to be one of my favorite restaurants, but no longer. Dinner lasted 2 hours.

We had made the reservations and took some long time friends of ours who had never been there - we ended up being very embarrassed by the service and food.

Maybe lunch - but not dinner.

I don't know if the owner is out of town, or has just lost interest, but it is a far cry from our previous meal there 6 months ago.

• Visited September 2013