“Fun Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Everywheresville
“Fun Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dining out for me is not just about the food, although I completely understand that it is for some people. Atmosphere is high on my list and the wait staff can make or break the entire experience. Regarding atmosphere, if a restaurant dresses a "dinner" table with a vinyl cover I'm probably going to have a problem. Even white paper over a white cloth will speak volumes over vinyl...I just don't get it. That being said, we have enjoyed the Stardust both at lunch time and dinner time (no vinyl ever, yea!). The food has been from really good to really great, the service has always been outstanding. The menu and drink selections are pretty impressive and better yet they change it up, which also rates high for me. This is a small space serving up a big experience so cut it a break if it's crowded and noisy at times. If you have to wait for a table, order a glass of wine and enjoy the people...Lewisburg always offers up a diverse crowd of folks. My very handsome husband and I had an awesome lunch experience right there in the middle of lunch hour rush on Labor Day. Rock on Stardust, you are clearly doing something right.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Than you so much!

Portland, Maine
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a friendly restaurant with a sort of Urban meets Country feel. They have so many unique selections to choose from. I had a great meal and the atmosphere was hopping. You might want to call ahead and make reservations. Service was great and very friendly.

Thank you!
King of Prussia, PA
“What an incredible surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I were ambling around Lewisburg after we had already eaten dinner in another town on the way. While strolling down the street, we saw the Stardust Cafe. It was a hub of activity so we asked if we could just get a dessert or appetizer. They were more than accommodating without a reservation. Looking around and seeing the choices on the menu, it was hard to believe I was in a town in West Virginia. I could have been in Manhattan! The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the owner was incredibly friendly. This is worth a trip!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thank you!
Milton, West Virginia
“Simply Devine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a quaint little spot in downtown Lewisburg and serves some of the best food around. I was amazed that they even had "Mexican Coke" on the menu....I've never seen that served anywhere. If you're in the Lewisburg area, do stop by for lunch or dinner, you'll be glad you did.

White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
“Was surprisingly disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I frequented this restaurant for lunch when I worked in Lewisburg. The food was always unique and so good, as well as the service. Haven't been in a while since my retirement. I wanted my sister to experience the Stardust Cafe with me while she was here in July/August 2013. We came without a reservation, but were there early like between 4 and 5pm. So I did not think this was a problem. When arriving there were many open tables. The greeter/waitress looked us over, and said just a minute, went and talked with another behind the counter and then came and said that she was sorry, but could not seat us. But we could sit at the bar if we wished. So we did. Mind you, my sister and I are seniors. Sitting at the bar on the stools with our legs dangling down was not a comfy position. While sitting there waiting on our food, people walked in off the streets just like us. No reservation and were immediately seated. After complaining we were seated at a table, with wouldn't you know it, high stools. Several tables with regular chairs, were not available. My sister and I both felt like the waitress was not attentive, and kept glaring at us from behind the bar. We had to wave at her to get her to come to our table, several times we were just ignored. We only ordered salad, sandwiches and soup with desert and ice tea. My sister will never go there again with me, despite my insistance that this was really not the norm here. The bill was a little high for just what we had, but I knew going in what to expect. Don't think I will be going back either. I don't know if it was our attire, which I thought were were just fine and in sync with other patrons, but I did feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
So sorry to hear it but let me assure you, nobody here judges a customer by their attire. We seat motorcyclists just off the highway next to suit and ties, sweat pants next to ball gowns. We couldn't care less.
I understand your confusion about others being seated ahead of you; what you didn't understand is when folks walk in and are seated, it is because they were on a wait list. As far as being glared at, Our waitresses are trained to watch their tables at all times, that was not a glare, it was attentiveness. We are known for our kind and caring waitresses, none of them have ever judged customers by their clothes or glared at anyone.
The high tables are our most sought after tables, we are sorry if they did not please you.
We value all of our customers and unfortunately this is reflected in our full and bustling restaurant. In the future when offered a seat at the bar, it would be helpful to advise us that you would rather wait for a table, and even that you prefer a low table. We are always happy to oblige.