“Simply Devine” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Milton, West Virginia
“Simply Devine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a quaint little spot in downtown Lewisburg and serves some of the best food around. I was amazed that they even had "Mexican Coke" on the menu....I've never seen that served anywhere. If you're in the Lewisburg area, do stop by for lunch or dinner, you'll be glad you did.

• Visited August 2013

White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
“Was surprisingly disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I frequented this restaurant for lunch when I worked in Lewisburg. The food was always unique and so good, as well as the service. Haven't been in a while since my retirement. I wanted my sister to experience the Stardust Cafe with me while she was here in July/August 2013. We came without a reservation, but were there early like between 4 and 5pm. So I did not think this was a problem. When arriving there were many open tables. The greeter/waitress looked us over, and said just a minute, went and talked with another behind the counter and then came and said that she was sorry, but could not seat us. But we could sit at the bar if we wished. So we did. Mind you, my sister and I are seniors. Sitting at the bar on the stools with our legs dangling down was not a comfy position. While sitting there waiting on our food, people walked in off the streets just like us. No reservation and were immediately seated. After complaining we were seated at a table, with wouldn't you know it, high stools. Several tables with regular chairs, were not available. My sister and I both felt like the waitress was not attentive, and kept glaring at us from behind the bar. We had to wave at her to get her to come to our table, several times we were just ignored. We only ordered salad, sandwiches and soup with desert and ice tea. My sister will never go there again with me, despite my insistance that this was really not the norm here. The bill was a little high for just what we had, but I knew going in what to expect. Don't think I will be going back either. I don't know if it was our attire, which I thought were were just fine and in sync with other patrons, but I did feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
So sorry to hear it but let me assure you, nobody here judges a customer by their attire. We seat motorcyclists just off the highway next to suit and ties, sweat pants next to ball gowns. We couldn't care less.
I understand your confusion about others being seated ahead of you; what you didn't understand is when folks walk in and are seated, it is because they were on a wait list. As far as being glared at, Our waitresses are trained to watch their tables at all times, that was not a glare, it was attentiveness. We are known for our kind and caring waitresses, none of them have ever judged customers by their clothes or glared at anyone.
The high tables are our most sought after tables, we are sorry if they did not please you.
We value all of our customers and unfortunately this is reflected in our full and bustling restaurant. In the future when offered a seat at the bar, it would be helpful to advise us that you would rather wait for a table, and even that you prefer a low table. We are always happy to oblige.
Bland, Virginia
“Amazed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant is amazing. The food was beautifully presented and served in a timely fashion and tasted amazing. Its such a quaint little place. So very clean and the "green" aspect makes it so much better. Local farm raised meat and veggies also. I will most certainly return to the Stardust Cafe. Thank you all for such a wonderful meal and dessert. See you all again very soon.

• Visited August 2013
dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you so much!
Stuart, Florida
“had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

this is my second time in west virginia. me and my friend were looking for a place to eat and were referred to the stardust cafe and we loved it...the food was great and and service excellent...we were able to meet and talk for a while with the owner destiny and she was very friendly...also our waitress Ruth was very nice and made us feel at home. me and my friend were very impressed by the warm welcome we recived while entering the place we felt we were walking in the red carpet in hollywood with all the hellos we heard coming from the staff...overall we enjoyed the visit a whole lot...thanks destiny and ruth

• Visited July 2013
dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much!
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Lewisburg every year for work, and meals here help to make the trip much more pleasurable. I ate their twice this year, making sure to have their signature salad at least once. It was as good as I remembered, and the pasta dish was enjoyable, too. (The only down side was dessert; their usual baker was temporarily out of commission, so the desserts were just good rather than great.)

Service is terrific, from a taste of the beer of the day to see if I liked it, to the unrushed service for a single diner at the bar. (I think the ability to make a single diner feel welcome and not self-conscious says a lot about a restaurant.) And the coffee is splendid.

Visited August 2013