“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Lewisburg every year for work, and meals here help to make the trip much more pleasurable. I ate their twice this year, making sure to have their signature salad at least once. It was as good as I remembered, and the pasta dish was enjoyable, too. (The only down side was dessert; their usual baker was temporarily out of commission, so the desserts were just good rather than great.)

Service is terrific, from a taste of the beer of the day to see if I liked it, to the unrushed service for a single diner at the bar. (I think the ability to make a single diner feel welcome and not self-conscious says a lot about a restaurant.) And the coffee is splendid.

Visited August 2013
dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Than you very much!

85% Recommend
“Not at all what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I went here for our Anniversary. Needless to say he made the comment that he could make and serve me the same food and be a whole lot less money. Not the anniversary dinner we were hoping for.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The best cafe in America!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

There are few occasions in life when one is genuinely delighted; for me, eating at this cafe (actually this is a great restaurant rather than the more humble sounding cafe) was one of those occasions. The genius of the place is not simply the delicious and beautifully prepared food but the masterful blend of understated yet refined elegance that encompasses everything from the staff to the decor. A meal here is an experience for all ones senses and easily rates amongst the most enjoyable I have ever had: better in every respect than many more celebrated establishments I have eaten at in Paris, London and Rome.
I intend to return whenever the opportunity arises.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poca
“I was hoping for better food and better experience :-(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived at 8p on Saturday night with a party of 4. We were squished next to a family with 8 children. You backed up your chair and you were bumping person behind. The ill behaved children was certainly not the fault of the restaurant. What was the fault of this establishment, was the wait time. We were not served until 9:15p. 3 salads and a burger should not take that long. Our waitress, a slim brunette ( sorry she never did give her name), never checked on us during that wait. We had to flag someone from the restaurant down to ask for a refill on water. The place was beyond noisy , especially when one of the patrons was pounding on the bathroom door because his friend was taking too long. He was yelling and screaming,swearing. One of the staff said, " I might have to go all managerial on him". I told her if she didn't, I certainly would say something. No one did anything to this guy. I assume he had too much money to spend to ask to leave. Rude, yelling, swearing..again, not restaurant who did it, but restaurant that should have stopped it. The salad was disappointing. I grow/make my own food , so was excited to see what they had to offer. Price wise, not worth the value. Tasteless tomatoes as well. Too bad your grape tomatoes out back weren't doing so well or a couple of those would have helped. Since my friend asked for the avocado to be left off her salad, I requested it be put in mine ( since we were paying for it, might as well get it). My request was not filled. The burger was good, as was the roll it was served on. After waiting an hour and fifteen minutes, I do believe my companion would have eaten a napkin at that point and said it was good. Why so many staff in such a small room ( with so few tables) and yet..such poor service? You need to work on that. Welcoming it was not. Your restaurant and staff made a horrible first impression. After $70+ , we should have left with a clean taste in our mouths and a good feeling in our heads. We left stressed out and very unhappy. My friend said she didn't feel welcome. I hated to hear that, as it was my idea to take her out. I am sorry to give this review, but no one in your establishment did anything to change our impression. A quick offer of more bread, something..an acknowledgement we were even sitting there.. would have turned what was supposed to be a end to great day, into just that..a pleasant end before we traveled so far back home.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“A little bit of chic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had heard great things about this restaurant from my daughter who is a real foodie so had to try. We stopped for a late lunch while traveling I-64 so was not too far out of our way. At 2pm most of the tables were full and from the interaction with the wait staff many were locals. I had a cup of tomato based soup of the day that was delicious. My husband had the special steak sandwich and he thought it was great. I also had a three cheese grilled sandwich that I thought was a little heavy on the goat cheese but okay. Lunch with drinks and dessert to go was $50, so a little pricey. The restaurant is located in an old building and very charming and nicely decorated. The coconut cake was extremely good, too!

• Visited June 2013