“Good Lunch at the Stardust” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Charleston, WV
“Good Lunch at the Stardust”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had that days Quiche and it had a light flakey crust. My daughter loved her Gullino Panino. Will go again.

Visited June 2013

“Awesomeness, scrumdillimptious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Coolest resturaunt in the coolest small town. The pork chop is delicious and so are the salads. If you are stopping by this small town this is a MUST.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
indianapolis, IN
“Cozy, charming, inventive menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here on the way to the Greenbriar and I must say it was wonderful. Lovely waitresses who worked hard to please you. Yes, we were seated next to the restroom but all the better to people watch! Need to put prices next to the "special" wines by the glass-that's my pet peeve. Good selection of wines, however. Prices are in line with the quality of food and ingredients,and the preparation, which is above average. A real "find" in a pretty town. Continued success!

Visited May 2013
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Overpriced food and rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant really only succeeds because it's in a small town with limited options. Most entree items are fairly expensive for the area ($14+) but would easily be worth it if the quality was better. I ordered the Pesto Pasta which tasted like something I could have made at home. For the buck, Food and Friends is a much better value. Not only do you get much more food at Food and Friends but it's also worth paying the premium for too.

Especially not recommended for groups. My party of 15 had no problem paying the ridiculous $600 tab...that is until they told us that they wouldn't divvy up the bill. Even as we came up alternative solutions like dividing the bill between several credit cards, staff continued to refuse our methods and expected either 600 in cash or 1 credit card. Seriously? It's the 21st century even in West Virginia but Stardust seems like the only entity stuck behind the times. Members of my party had to take turns going to an ATM while staff kept making comments like: "Need a calculator?" "How many doctors does it take to figure out a bill?" "I thought doctors were supposed to be rich?" I've traveled across the US and have never seen such disrespect towards patrons as I did at Stardust. I recommend Livery Tavern, Food and Friends, Stella's, Bakery for pizza or 50 East in White Sulphur.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
dctrdes, Owner at Stardust Cafe, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

We understand that you didn't agree with our policy not to split checks for parties over six. We did everything in our power to remedy this for your party. Everyone in this group of 17 was very understanding except you.

We did not understand your need to be verbally abusive and physically intimidating to our staff. Your vicious attacks on them to try to intimidate them, left them all very shaken up.

I spoke to you today because you felt compelled to tell me again how much you disliked our policy and our service. Again, I tried to find a way to resolve this issue.

It is our policy to ensure that all of our customers leave happy and well-fed. I am truly sorry that was not the case for you.

Sparrow Huffman
Manager/Owner
Lexington, Kentucky
“Not up to par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The food was not that great and I've experienced better service. The cafe is too small for what it tries to portray. The music was too loud and my mom and I were rushed to the very back, near the bathroom, up against a cabinet at a small round table because the place was too full. Also, there was only one bathroom to accommodate staff and customers. We had to deal with people going in and out the bathroom our whole meal. The only reason we agreed to sit there was because we were starving, it was late, and we heard that this was the go-to cafe. Too bad the meal didn't "hit the spot" like we expected it to.

• Visited May 2013