“Impressive menu, great service in beautiful setting” 5 of 5 stars

304-645-7200
Website
Improve this listing
Thomas, West Virginia
“Impressive menu, great service in beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stopped in for an early dinner, and was really blown away. Pretty much the whole menu was fresh, farm-to-table, and even indicated where various ingredients were from. Both my and my date's meals were spectacular. Service was on point, the ambiance was perfect, the value was obvious - less than $10 for an entree to write home about. Plus a great beer selection. Absolutely wonderful experience, highly recommended.

Visited May 2014

East Coast
“So happy it's here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I am a regular at the Spring, and have watched it grow better and better since its opening during the winter. Al, the chef, is hugely talented and makes magic.

I have enjoyed many of the foods on the menu, my favorites being the sweet potato cakes, the tofu with different crusts- fresh herbs or wasabi are the ones I've enjoyed.

Haven't tried lunch yet, but highly recommend breakfast and dinner.

The main downside is that the swiss chard tart isn't a fixture on the menu. It's fabulous, and I hope the owners will consider this a hint.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dayton, Ohio
“So fresh and healthy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were staying at the Greenbrier and wanted to have a relaxed dress down dinner . We went to The Spring. It's a brand new restaurant. Todd was so fresh and tasty. Had the pizza and were tasty, excellent crust and full of flavor. One pizza is good for 2 people if you order appetizers. We ordered 2 cheese tray and we could tell the the cheese were good quality and fresh. They have a large variety of hot and iced organic teas.
I strongly recommend it!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“What a breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Spring is only open (at this point, I hope they will expand their breakfast days) for breakfast on Saturday beginning at 8 AM. The menu included three different types of roasts for coffee, 3-egg omelettes, eggs florentine and other choices, I settled on the Huevos Rancheros which arrived with a cheese stuffed pepper (think light creamy ricotta type cheese), two perfect eggs on black beans (not your typical black bean mix) and a salsa and fruit on a crispy corn tortilla. Oh my was it good! I can't wait to do lunch there...and hopefully dinner some time soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Williamsburg, West Virginia
“Great new vegetarian spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We love this new vegetarian restaurant in Lewisburg. The dishes we've had were very flavorful and really highlight the vegetables. We especially loved the butternut squash gratin, the vegetable risotto, and the tomato-fennel soup. The prices are quite reasonable given the prevalence of organic ingredients. The best part may be the wine list, which is stocked primarily with sustainable and organic wines yet is still cheaper than most restaurants. I've had numerous different wines by the glass and bottle and haven't been disappointed with the value yet.
We haven't been for breakfast yet, but the menu looks very appetizing.

• Visited March 2014