“One more Rave review” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Powhatan, Virginia
“One more Rave review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This place was great. The owner came out and talked and talked and talked. He went so far as to call a local event for us and ask what the entertainment was. I had some of the best bolognese around and My wife had the encrusted salmon. The service was top notch and of course the conversation was wonderful also. We will go back when we are in Lewisburg again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Annapolis, Maryland
“Excellent Food and Service in Eclectic and Unique Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We decided to eat at Julians based on an article we read in a magazine. We had a very nice dining experience. The interior and exterior are eclectic and interesting. The hostess, waitress, and owner were very courteous and friendly. They made sure we were comfortable, and made adjustments to the open window and AC without us having to ask.

We were recommended wines that were very good and new to us. Our appetizers, entrees, and desserts were very enjoyable. My husband had the lamb chops and was very happy with them. He had the cheesecake for dessert which he said was excellent. I had the blueberry mousse for dessert. I totally hate mousse and never order it, but for some reason, this time it was calling my name. It was absolutely fantastic. In fact, I went back and had it again a few days later. The coffee was excellent as well.

We found the owner/chef to eclectic and interesting, just like the restaurant. We didn't find him to be rude as some reviews mention. However, every day is different. Each personality is different and can be interesting and entertaining, depending on how you decide to receive it.

We enjoyed every aspect of our visit to Julians and we would certainly return.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, West Virginia
“great food, friendly service, good wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We had the fresh halibut, and blue cheese radicchio salad and crab cakes.The place is small, so call ahead.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hillsboro, West Virginia
“Good food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have to say I enjoyed the food at Julians - fresh local ingredients obviously picked very carefully. My favorite was the fresh mozzerella. The restaurant is in a very quaint location in the heart of Lewisburg. Very charming from the Outside. My overall issue with the restaurant was the intimidating atmosphere of the restaurant. My friend and I felt a bit out of place amongst the high-class Lewisburg-ites whom the wait staff and owner seemed to be falling over themselves for. May be be worth a try - but be warned about the "feel of the restaurant."

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Inconsistent but creative.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This chef is a charachter. He seems to be pretty talented. I've had some great food there. But you just never know. It depends on the night. And he might sit down at your table and drink your wine! Which can be fun or annoying, depending on the night.

• Visited March 2011