“Good food but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Hillsboro, West Virginia
“Good food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have to say I enjoyed the food at Julians - fresh local ingredients obviously picked very carefully. My favorite was the fresh mozzerella. The restaurant is in a very quaint location in the heart of Lewisburg. Very charming from the Outside. My overall issue with the restaurant was the intimidating atmosphere of the restaurant. My friend and I felt a bit out of place amongst the high-class Lewisburg-ites whom the wait staff and owner seemed to be falling over themselves for. May be be worth a try - but be warned about the "feel of the restaurant."

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank codered1126

Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Inconsistent but creative.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

This chef is a charachter. He seems to be pretty talented. I've had some great food there. But you just never know. It depends on the night. And he might sit down at your table and drink your wine! Which can be fun or annoying, depending on the night.

• Visited March 2011
East Coast
“Always tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We eat here about twice a month and it is, hands down, the best food in town. I don't think we have ever ordered the wine, but let Steve pick it out for us, and have always ended up with a great and reasonably priced bottle. The specials really are special and the menu is varied enough that we don't end up feeling in a rut.

Norfolk, Virginia
“the best food, wine and atmosphere in west virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We eat here every time we go to Lewisburg, (1-2 times per year). The food is always fresh and delicious with an original twist. The owner is attentive and friendly and helpful in making wine selections for perfect pairings.

Julian's is a must if you want great food in a great atmosphere--makes the Greenbrier pale in comparison--

• Visited June 2011
New Martinsville, West Virginia
“I wish I were there now.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Julian's is a jewel. The food was most excellent, the wine was exceptional and the service was better. Steven the owner, sommelier, etc. is a heckuva character and exudes energy and enthusiasm. Avoid this place at your own peril

• Visited April 2011