“Great Service and Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Service and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very charming restaurant and atmosphere. Great service. Food was good. My husband had the prime rib and liked it. I had the shrimp scampi which is not something I would typically order and it was good. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is because I wish they had a bit more variety on the menu. Very meat and potatoes. Enjoyed the warm bread and side salad. The peach cobbler was wonderful.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
“Good food with historic atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We enjoyed our meal. Food was good and service was great. Husband had fried chicken and it was excellent. I had a filet and while it was good, it wasn't spectacular. My husband enjoyed the cheeseburger soup; salad was pretty basic. We had cherry cobbler for dessert, and it was just okay. Overall nice dining experience.

Visited June 2014
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was from out of town visiting a long time friend. We decided to go there just for breakfast. Service was great, food was excellent and the historic atmosphere was wonderful. After breakfast my friend showed me all the antiques hung up in the antique hall. Very impressive collection. We were also told any room door that was open we could go in and look because it is also an inn. Rooms very very spacious and decorated very pleasant.

Princeton, West Virginia, United States
“OK....overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ate here for Easter Brunch. It was OK, quaint place to eat. We both had prime rib and it was just OK.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Fried chicken is quite the plateful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The portions are very large. 2 people can easily share the fried chicken dinner and it is very good. Comes with vegetables and choice of potato. Service was very good and while the restaurant was not crowded on Fri night it was very full Sat and for brunch on Sun.

Visited May 2014