“So Good!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Lexington Park
“So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had breakfast twice and dinner once at the General Lewis Inn Restaurant. Wonderful service all three times. This was some good cooking! I don't normally eat at hotel restaurants, but do not pass up on eating here. This was some of the best food I had on my entire trip. Even better than my lunch at the Greenbrier Resort. And I guarantee you will not go away humgry!! And don't pass up the homemade jam and apple butter at breakfast - yum.

Visited October 2013

85% Recommend
“Amazing Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a Sunday brunch at the General Lewis Inn. The fruit and oatmeal brunch special was fresh and delicious. I also had the squeezed orange juice which was amazing. The ambiance is charming and friendly. It feels like home.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Breakfast of champions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I could smell the breakfast being cooked -- onions, biscuits, great coffee -- so I was hungry before I came down stairs. Really good homemade baking powder biscuits, home fries like home. And endless coffee.

Visited September 2013
Warrenton, Virginia
“Tasteful in Every Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had breakfast there twice, and both times, we were treated in a relaxed, friendly, yet efficient way. The food is basically along old southern cooking lines, and just unbelievably good-the feathery biscuits must come down from the sky! The value is extremely high. Chintz table toppers with matching napkins add charm, as well as the garden bouquets in small vases. You'll never find better staff anywhere.

Visited September 2013
Cleveland, Texas, United States
“It was okay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I loved the building and the furnishings. The food was not that great. The service was less then I expected also. No refills were offered on the water or iced tea. The prime rib was dry and overcooked. I was glad I went to experience the old building but would probably not do it again for dinner. I did have a very large group so that may have played a role in the food and service. However, I made reservations a month in advance so it was not a surprise.

• Visited August 2013