“Good Family Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Michigan
“Good Family Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our family of 4 ventured over to the General Lewis Inn from the Greenbrier for a nice Saturday breakfast. We were greeted by the current owner and seated promptly. Our waitress was very nice and friendly - gave us a quick history of the Inn. The food was quite good - grits, b&g, country ham. Nothing overly fancy, but everything was tasty and the service was very good. The Sunday Brunch menu was more extensive than the regular breakfast menu. A nice place to eat if you're staying at the Greenbrier and want to go off-property for a meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Lunch and a tour of the Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I were considering staying at this inn however, since other family members already booked at another location, we went with the group. We did come to the General Lewis Inn for lunch. The Inn was very beautiful with historic items to view both inside and out. I asked the front desk if we could see a room after we ate our lunch and she told us that we could walk around and view any room that has the door open. For lunch I had the Philly Cheese Steak special and it was amazing. My family who ate with me had different salads that were very large proportion and were hardy. The service was good and the restaurant was heavily decorated with antiques and war memorabilia. We really enjoyed our lunch. We did view the rooms after we ate and they were very nice. They had a lot of antique furniture and were much different than a standard hotel. I am sad to say that many of the rooms were very small. I suggest that if you stay here to view the rooms first, or ask to choose your room once you arrive. Some of the rooms have the sinks and vanity in the room rather than in the bathroom. If you don't mind the tight spaces, I would definitely recommend you check it out.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food was delicious and wait staff were mostly all very friendly. Although grits came cold and when my daughter asked what was the quiche and soup of the day, the kitchen told the waitress "I don't know" At least that's what she told us. So we ordered the "Quiche Surprise." :)

Frankford
“Old hotel full of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent food. Charming rooms decorated with antiques. One has the feeling of being in the living room of someone's house while strolling through this interesting spot. Good southern fare.

Visited May 2013
“Great place to stay and eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed here 30 years ago and are pleased to report that its just as wonderful as before. It's a classic old but very quaint Inn. Rooms are wonderful and the dining room is small but the food and wait staff are just excellent. If you're in the Greenbrier Valley don't miss this place.