“Soooo Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
“Soooo Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We often stay in Lewisburg on our way to Snowshoe. Have had lunch at Food and Friends and found it delicious. Thought dinner would be the same quality. Recently, we had the night's special - a steak and shrimp dish and it was truly terrible. The shrimp tasted like it came out of one of those 2 lb. frozen shrimp bags from Thailand. Really awful and for the price, we were expecting so much more. We opted for Food and Friends instead of Stardust Cafe but will not make that mistake again. C'mon guys - you can do better!!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hamlin, West Virginia
“You must eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

After a very disappointing meal in St. Michael's Maryland we stopped in Lewisburg WV before finishing our last leg of the trip. Wow what a delicious meal. Everything was excellent and they were busy. See u soon Food And friends.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“We always visit here when we are in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We always dine here when in town. It's always so good, tonight was okay, but not to rave about as we usually do. Food wasn't cooked as ordered and just didn't taste as good. Now I won't say it was bad by any means, just not as usual! We were also there 2 hours! Which I feel was a little ridiculous considering we had reservations and were taken directly to our seats, this wasn't any wait time to be seated!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Disappointed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I drove from Maryland to WV last week to visit my family and with being from there means I have went to Food and Friends for many years. The first thing on my agenda was to get my usual Steakhouse Salad. I was never so disappointed over food in my entire life. They have totally wrecked this salad. I am used to juicy, lean cut steak medallions. This was like very low grade, thin, rubbery lunch meat! No more cherry tomatoes but sliced bitter tomatoes. I could go on and on but the bottom line is that they need to get with the program and get back on track to the old version of this salad! The bread was not as good as it once was. The poppyseed dressing was still very good but what good does that do when the salad is bad? I hope they work on this!

Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The meal was a solid value and the food was excellent. I enjoyed a Greek Salmon dish, which was terrific. Their entrees are mostly under thirty dollars, and come with a soup or salad choice. The restaurant itself is situated in a charming older building. The service was solid; I highly recommend this one.