“You must eat here.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Hamlin, West Virginia
“You must eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

After a very disappointing meal in St. Michael's Maryland we stopped in Lewisburg WV before finishing our last leg of the trip. Wow what a delicious meal. Everything was excellent and they were busy. See u soon Food And friends.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“We always visit here when we are in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We always dine here when in town. It's always so good, tonight was okay, but not to rave about as we usually do. Food wasn't cooked as ordered and just didn't taste as good. Now I won't say it was bad by any means, just not as usual! We were also there 2 hours! Which I feel was a little ridiculous considering we had reservations and were taken directly to our seats, this wasn't any wait time to be seated!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Disappointed!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I drove from Maryland to WV last week to visit my family and with being from there means I have went to Food and Friends for many years. The first thing on my agenda was to get my usual Steakhouse Salad. I was never so disappointed over food in my entire life. They have totally wrecked this salad. I am used to juicy, lean cut steak medallions. This was like very low grade, thin, rubbery lunch meat! No more cherry tomatoes but sliced bitter tomatoes. I could go on and on but the bottom line is that they need to get with the program and get back on track to the old version of this salad! The bread was not as good as it once was. The poppyseed dressing was still very good but what good does that do when the salad is bad? I hope they work on this!

Visited November 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The meal was a solid value and the food was excellent. I enjoyed a Greek Salmon dish, which was terrific. Their entrees are mostly under thirty dollars, and come with a soup or salad choice. The restaurant itself is situated in a charming older building. The service was solid; I highly recommend this one.

Hershey, PA
“Excellent dinner. Excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Blackened prime rib (the special), fresh, crisp veggies, good salad. All excellent. Many choices available, most with an interesting twist. Home baked bread. Wine selection. Our server was quite good. Entrees in the $18-$26 range.

I noticed a smaller dining area that would be perfect for a larger group.

Too bad this restaurant isn't closer to home! It would be a favorite.

• Visited October 2013